Development

Two years later

I wake up on a Monday morning; ready for my first day of year seven; in a new school; Tim's old school. I'm so excited; Zoe; Abby; Ginnie; Dean will be there! I wonder Linda are going to be there! I hope I get to see Linda; I haven't seen her for three weeks. It would be nice to see them; I haven't been myself lately. After New Year's Eve; I've been feeling angrier and my ears are a lot more sensitive; my sense of smell and eyesight is stronger too.

I get out of bed and change out of my pajamas into a deep red tank top with black skinny jeans and pink and white sneakers. I head down stairs to get my breakfast; I got some Nutella toast; it was good!! Chocolate is amazing!!! I think to myself biting of a corner of the toast.

"Hey; excited for high school?" Tim asks me; walking to the fridge. "Yeah; are you?" I asked him; "Yeah." He replied; Tim got a bowl of cereal. "Barbara wants to know if you would like to go to the mall today." Tim said looking at his phone; "Ooh uhm; I'll ask daddy." After I ate my breakfast; I put my plate in the sink and got a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge.

I went back to my room and put the orange juice in my bag; then went to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I then put my hair in a tight bun; I undid it a few times because it didn't look perfect to me. I got my bag and waited down stairs in the TV room. After a few minutes; it was time to go; I was feeling a bit nervous. There was a boy I liked who was going there; I do have a crush on Tim; I wish I could date him.

We got in the car; dad was taking us to our schools. "Hey daddy; Barbara asked if I wanted to go to the mall sometime this week. Can I go?" I asked him; "Sure; you can go after school today if you want." He replied; "Ok; thank you!" I said; "Did you get that?" I said looking at Tim; who was ahead of me; "Ok; she said that she'll pick you up when school finishes." He said; I nodded in response.

"Yay; one less child to pick up!" Dad said; "Actually I might go as well." Tim added; "Yes I get to go home straight away!" Daddy added; I started laughing. "I'll give you some money for school and when you go shopping ok?" Dad said to Tim and me.

Dad stopped at Gotham Junior High; "Ok; here's one hundred dollars. Don't spend it all." Daddy said; "Ok thank you!" I replied and got out of the car; "Bye bye!" I said waving dad and Tim. I walked into the school grounds; Ginnie ran up to me from behind.

"Hi; Katie!!" She said scaring the crap out of me; "Hi; you scared me." I said; "Oops sorry; are you excited?!" Ginnie asked; "More nervous..." I replied; "It's gonna be so great!". "What class do you have first?" Ginnie asked me; "I have roll call; then I have art and maths." I told her looking at my time table; "Oh cool; I'm in both of those. Dean is in maths and Abby is in both art and maths." Ginnie told me.

We walked into the grounds and talked while we waited for Dean and Abby. Then we saw Abby walking into the grounds; Ginnie and I tried waving our arms about to grab her attention; but she just stood there looking around. Finally; she saw us and ran over; "Hi guys; sorry I didn't see you." Abby said to us; "It's ok; we were entertained!" Ginnie said to her; Abby glared at us.

Then we see Dean and do the same thing to get his attention; he saw us faster than Abby. When Dean started running over; Ginnie flashed Abby a mocking smile. As soon as Dean came over the bell rang; and we headed to roll call; apparently; they were in the same roll class as me.

After roll call Ginnie and Abby walked with me to art. We sat down on seats but someone sat in between Abby and I; I looked over and saw Russell. "Hi; Russell!" I whispered to him; he quickly looked over; but then he smiled.

"Hi; I didn't expect you to be in this class!" He said in his British accent; "Do you know where Linda is?" I asked him; "I think she said she was going to come for a few days every week or something." Russell said; "Oh ok; thanks." I replied. Our teacher turned around to the class; "Hello; my name is Mrs Greenwood. Today we are going to draw a forest; and then we will use watercolour pencils to give it colour." She said.