Everything Happens For A Reason

Have you ever heard the saying "karma is a boomerang". "What goes around comes around". I never believed this. Ever. For the simple fact of coincidences. Just because I did one little thing doesn't mean that this other thing happened because of the thing I did.

Of course, this train of thought came and bit me in the ass as well.

While coincidences are a serious thing that happen all the time, like coincidentally you wore the same shirt as another girl in your school on the same day, or you coincidentally like the same guy as your best friend, they often don't have any significance in your life. Or your reputation.

So what you wore the same shirt as that girl! So what you like the same guy! Small little decisions can make it go back to as it was and everything is good again.

But with karma, it can last for a long time, forever, even.

As they say, karma's a bitch, and she was targeting me on my big night.

Senior prom, the night of your life when you're the mos popular girl in the whole school. So, being in that position, when I came time for it, I was so excited. My date, Zach, was ready in advance and I was storming to find the perfect thing. Little did I know that my rush to find a dress and my anger from trying to finding one would ruin my night.

So on that night, as I was called up for prom queen and suddenly covered in fish guts, I didn't know what hit me. Questions came screaming into my head and as I tried to process what happened.

 What is this on me? Where did they get fish from? What did I do to deserve this? Why tonight of all nights? Why is karma really gonna kick me down while I'm up?

Meanwhile, the whole school goes nuts. Some point and laugh, others snicker, others simply gawk, not knowing what they were witnessing but knowing it wasn't anything good.

Humiliation took over and every word I tried to process was lost in a cage of hatred, fear, and sadness.

As I look over I find Zach laughing with one of the other prom queen candidates, telling her how much he hated me and thought I was a bitch.

Umm, ouch!

The principal walked up to the stage and picked me up from my previous laid down position, walking me off the stage and into the parking lot, telling me sorry and that Rose and Amanda would be punished and walking back inside.

My previous humiliation was gone now, replaced with absolute and unending hatred for the people here, this school, this town, this state. Everything about being here made me hate myself and the life I had. I've simply been hiding it. I couldn't deny it now. I had to leave.

★♪★♪★♪

I had gotten home after catching a ride from my dad. As I ran into my room the first thing I grasped was my suitcase. Next, all the warm clothes and baggy outfits I could find in my closet, trying to stray from my usual fashion sense, making sure that I could be unrecognized after my escape.

After about a half an hour of frantic moving and packing, I was finished. I find myself slumping onto my bedroom floor, unable to stop crying. The fowl stench of fish still lingers on my clothing, reminding me even more why I'm doing this.

I had many reasons to stay, I know it. I had my parents, despite not seeing as often as a child should. They were both constantly working, my dad the CEO of a company he had made when I was around the age of seven. The company really kicked off when I was fourteen. Sense then he never had time to be home with me. That was when he hired Sofia for me, so I wouldn't be alone while I was home from school.

I had my mom, though the situation was the same with her as my dad. From the time of my birth she had been working as a nurse at one of Florida's best hospitals. Always away, never having time. I was pretty much raised by my stay-at-home dad. I never minded her being away for the simple fact that she was the reason we had food on our table. If it weren't for her w  wouldn't have a place to live, she was the reason I had a good life. It wasn't until my dad got his job that I started resenting them.

I had Sofia, the only person that was actually ever there for me. Since my dad's success, she was the only person I could actually count on to comfort me. Part of me enjoyed her company, as it was the only company I got all day. The other  part of me hated he  being near me constantly, a reminder of my parents abandoning me. She was one of my best friends, I will say that, one of the only people I could actually confide in a trust. On the other hand, I wouldn't label her as someone to stay here for.

Florida's a great place and everything, I'm not saying it isn't, but the sandy beaches, hot weather, bustling towns and places, it's all not my thing. Would rather be somewhere quiet. Somewhere I can keep my train of thought. Somewhere it's cold. Where there are actually four seasons rather than one.

I was on my way to Minnesota and no one was going to stop me. No one would persuade me out of it. My mind was set. And that was all there was to it.

★♪★♪★♪

Climbing out of the window, my car keys in one hand, my suit case in the other, I was able to successfully slip out and not get caught. Slowly, I shut my window, avoiding as much sound as possible. First step, done.

Turning on my car, I quickly turned the corner to leave my drive way. The lights turned on in my parents' bedroom. I stomp on the gas pedal, storming out before they can realize what hit them. Or left them. Second step, done.

★♪★♪★♪

Of course my whole journey wouldn't be a straight line to Minnesota. No, I was more anachronistic than that. Since a small child I had dreams of roaming the world, traveling around the nation, seeing all of America's landmarks, eventually completing all of then. Then making my way across the world. Visiting Greece, London, Tokyo, Berlin, Stockholme, Warsaw, Abuja, the list goes on.

Throughout the years I've noticed that I hate being tied down. It's not something   I'm particularly comfortable with. I have to be constantly moving and progressing forward with my life, unable to settle on one thing. While others are making a life for themselves and settling down in a cozy little house, I want to be on the constant move. I can't help it. It's who I am.

So my first location is going to be Tennessee. I've always wondered what the supposed country life is, so I'm hoping to visit a farm there. I've always wanted to help look after cute little calves, milk the dairy cows, and take care of chicken as well as pigs. I've wanted to know what actual labor is for most of my life. Living in the city with very able parents, you practically have everything handed to you on a silver platter. It's great and so but the reason I'm leaving to experience a change. So going to Tennessee and finding a farm will be amazing for my personal experiences.

As I make my way on to the road I think about all the memories I'm about the make. All the fun things I'm about to do. And all the horrible things I'm leaving behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys!

The new chapter finally came! I know it was a little delayed and I'm sorry for that. I've had a lot going on the past few days.
This brings me into my next thing, sorry if there are a lot of random things in the chapter and errors. I was at the hospital while writing this, my grandma has been having a lot of medical issues lately. I know, I'm a dedicated writer... or a horrible granddaughter... ummm....

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter. I tried to make it reasonable entertaining, though a lot of it is either recapping or complaining... it's hard writing a book about running away without complaining, what can I say?

Don't be a silent reader! If you enjoyed be sure to vote for the book!

As I said in my last message a new book is in the making. So my schedule on this book is going to be a little messed up. I'm gonna try to keep my weekly schedule, but no promises.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Love ya!
StarryNight521