War and No Peace

In the usual books they have a standard plot. We've all studied it since elementary school. It's stuck in our mind as we go through the literature, labeling the parts of the book. Rising action, conclusion, falling action, as well as the climax. The absolute best part of the book where everything begins to make sense of itself and the issue resolves. The purpose of such plot is debatable. To reel in readers, to intrigue the audience, to simply bring ease to the author, knowing that there is at some point going to be an ending, that the purpose of the book is not in vain. While many reasons come about, it all depends on the writer. The creator. The artist. But one must ask, what if the artist, the said creator, doesn't create a plot, yet simply let's the book come as it comes, the plot be made as it would like to. What if there is no resolution to the problem? What would the reader do then?

The society today enjoys a happy ending. Hallmark, for example, shows every single movie with a happy ending. The guy gets the girl, they fall in love, happily ever after, done. While this is a fun and cute story line, let's face it, life isn't all peaches and roses. There are situations where there is no happy ending. The guy fights for the girl, the girl moves on, the guy looses his mind due to his loss, done. A happy book is an unrealistic book. A sad book is relatable. We all have our hard times and want something or someone to relate to, it's human nature. The "perfect life" shown in these books and movies are unrealistic and somewhat ridiculous.

Yes, a perfect life would be amazing, but perfect is just an image, placed by society's standards. Perfect is defined not by the thing being described but by society. Everyday the definition of perfect changes, so how can perfect truly be defined? For one, a perfect life could be a house in the country, alone, the crisp smell of apple orchards and flowers in the air, just the person and the cows being raised out on the farm, together forever. The loneliness not being a burden but rather a savior, refreshing for the mind and soul.

For another, a perfect life could be a small condo in New York, the sounds of cars out in the streets below you, the view from your window amazing, showing towering buildings, small businesses, people passing, and planes constantly flying by. The noise coming from outside comforts you, reminding you of all the things you are experiencing, everything you aren't missing. The constant contact with people reminding you just how large the world is and how amazing life is. You never question why you love it here, you simply do.

And for another, a perfect life can be in the suburbs of Connecticut, the smell of freshly mowed grass in the air, the children running by along the safe streets of your town, your spouse, married 5 years as of June, loving every minute as you share this feeling, nothing could be better. The sound of birds singing and people saying their good mornings a constant reminder of your idealism.

There is no such thing as a complete perfect. Every body's perfect is different, separate from each others. So, I bring back up the question, how can perfect be defined?

The simple answer is it can't. And realistically, the only answer is the simple answer. There is no other way of defining what cannot be defined. Definitions are based off of facts, something that can be proven true using evidence. So when perfection is based off of an opinion, there is no real way of defining it. Facts and opinions simply don't mix. They never have and they never will.

The whole idea of perfection should be dropped. It can never be achieved. I know this from my own experiences and my own life. It's a fact, proved with evidence, set it stone, yet still unknown by most, forever trying to achieve the unachievable.

I thought I had reached perfection in my life. I was the most popular girl in the school. I was idealized by every one. I had the rich parents. It was everything I wanted when I was younger. Of course I learned about gravity, so I should have seen what came next coming. What goes up must come down.