Chapter 22- Your Monkey

Manik's POV:

I wanted to make up to Nandini for the stupid act I did in the morning. I should have understood how she must be feeling when I did all that after all right now she needs someone because the fact is that she doesn't have anyone but me.

With disappointment n confusion on her face she went out of the study room leaving me there alone. I wanted to say many things but meeting Prashant was also very important. I know what I m doing might eventually lead to Nandini leaving me forever because she will be with her parents n will be happy but I have some hope that even after they unite there will be "us".

A knock on the door got me out of my thoughts only to see Prashant in front of me. He formally greeted me and then we settled on the couch.

"Sir ! These are all the details about Nandini's family. Her father is a famous businessman in India and her mother also is working. Her sister is married to Mr Deep Raichand , one of your business partners." He handed over a file to me and I was nodding my head.

I was surprised that even after being so rich and classic ,her family is so orthodox. I remembered Nandini saying that her father didn't say anything while all this happened but just stood like a statue there. Her mother was also just consoling Nandini n saying nothing. I get angry on listening to all this but I just have to control myself because being angry is not a solution.

"Sir there is something important I want to tell you........." Before Prashant could continue I got a call from my PA which I supposed was important. I excused myself to attend this call only to be informed that there is an emergency in the office for which I will have to leave.

"Prashant you can go for now and I will call if needed. There is an emergency in the office so I will have to leave." I informed him and took the file along with me. "But sir......" I interrupted him saying that I have to leave so he just nodded.

I don't know what important he was talking about but right now it was my duty to rush to the office. I entered the room and saw Nandini waiting for me. "What happened ?" She asked and I just passed a small smile. "I need to rush to the office as there is some emergency ! Sorry but I have to leave" she nodded in understanding and passed me my wallet and watch which was still kept on the bed.

I got ready in five minutes and then rushed downstairs. "Manik but breakfast ?" She also came running behind me and asked. "I will eat it later ! You don't worry and have yours." I politely replied and then went out.

I reached the office and then looked into the technical matter which was leading to the loss of our products. I had a long 2hrs meeting and I was very frustrated because it was some rivals who had tried to intrude in our business. whole day shouting and yelling at my employees for their irresponsibility spoiled my mood.

This day is seriously a bad one for me ; first in the morning whatever happened with Nandini and now because of this issue. It was almost lunch time and I had still not eaten anything because I was really busy in my work.

I got a call on the intercom which disturbed me so I frustratingly picked it up. "What is it ? Didn't I tell not to disturb me ?" I shouted on the phone. "Sorry sir but Ms Nandini has come here so should we send her in ?" I was surprised to hear that Nandini is here but then composing myself I said yes.

I was desperately waiting for Nandini to come in. Whatever it was but it got a smile on my face when I heard that Nandini is coming but why would she be here ? There was a knock on my door and there came Nandini. "You here ? You needed something ?" I asked formally and she nodded in a no.

I looked at her with confusion and she came near me and kept a poly bag in front of me. "What's this ?" I asked while opening it and saw that it was a tiffin box. "Huh ?" She took it from my hand and kept it on the side table where there was a couch.