(y/n) POV

I had returned to Rohan with Eowyn and the women and children. Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, Theoden, and Eomer had gone to Isengard to retrieve Merry and Pippin and confront Saruman. I was not surprised when I heard that Saruman had fallen to his death. I embraced Merry and Pippin, happy to have them back.

That night, Rohan celebrated the lives of the fallen men and the victory. After Eowyn presented a cup to Theoden and he hailed the dead, the celebration began. I danced with Merry and Pippin for a while before leaving to talk to my friends throughout the night. I talked briefly with Gandalf before going to talk with Theoden and Eomer, and later Eowyn. By the time I reached Legolas and Gimli, the dwarf was passed out. I looked at Legolas.

"Someone couldn't hold his liquor, could he?" I chuckled.

Legolas smiled and nodded.

Soon, I found myself growing tired, so I slipped out of the banquet hall. As I left, I could hear Merry and Pippin singing a drinking song from the Shire. I smiled and walked to the small balcony outside of the hall. I pulled down my (h/c) hair, which I had put up earlier, letting it blow in the wind as I sat down. I stared out over Rohan, lost in thought.

"It's a beautiful night."

I jumped and looked over my shoulder. Aragorn walked towards me. I smiled at him before looking back over the country.

"It is," I agreed. I glanced at him as he sat down beside me. "Why aren't you inside celebrating?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I was never a big party person, though I always enjoyed this part of the story. It was a time of peace after a time of war." Aragorn nodded. "You never answered my question."

"I saw you leave and thought you could use the company."

"That's very thoughtful of you."

We looked out over Rohan in silence for a few minutes. Music floated to our ears from the hall, though it was soft due to the distance.

"How is Frodo?" the ranger asked me quietly.

"He is well," I sighed. "So is Sam. They are much closer to Mordor now. There are still so many dangers in their way, but the two are strong. They will overcome them as long as they have each other."