(y/n) POV

After grabbing a sack full of coins that Father had given me, I used my magic to teleport out of my bedroom. When I opened my eyes, I found myself on the outskirts of a small town. I quickly started towards the town, a small smile on my face.

Lights flickered in the windows of the homes and stores. The docks were busy with fishermen and sailors loading their ships and heading off to bed. As I walked, I saw many people walking around. Most were heading home for the night, some were lying in alleyways or in front of buildings, and some were headed off to the pub for a drink.

I quickly made my way to a local store. Stepping inside, I was greeted with a familiar face.

"Good evening, Mr Hawthorne," I said. "How are you tonight?"

"Ah! (y/n)!" the older man exclaimed. "It is so good to see you again. I am well. How are you?"

"Not too bad myself. Thank you. I was hoping to buy some food from you tonight."

"The usual?"

"Yes please. And could I get a little extra bread and cheese?"

"Anything for you."

I smiled as he busied himself gathering food. I took out my sack of coins and placed several of the gold objects on the counter. When Mr Hawthorne came back, all the food was in a basket.

"Thank you for your help, Mr Hawthorne," I said.

"My pleasure, (y/n). See you next week?"

"Of course."

I made my way to the door. Just before I stepped outside, Mr Hawthorne called my name.

"(y/n), you left too much money."

"I know. Keep the change."

With a final wave, I headed out the door. Moving into the cold night air, I set out to fulfill my purpose for the night.

I did this every night. Going out, sneaking out, and helping the people in neighboring towns. The people were poor, some sleeping in the streets because they had no home. I made it my job that those people especially felt loved. I would buy food to give to them and conjured up blankets for people to sleep with to stay warm. Everyone knew who I was, yet no one ever said a word about it. All they ever said was 'thank you.'

After wrapping a blanket around a teenaged boy, his two younger siblings in his arms, I handed the three of them enough food to fill their stomachs for the night. With a quick goodbye and goodnight, I went off in search of someone else to help.

I decided to make my way to the docks, since there were many sailors who either slept on the docks themselves or in their old boats. Conjuring another blanket, I laid it over top of a sleeping man who was resting on a stack of crates. I smiled when I saw a small smile grace his face, silently showing his gratitude.

The sound of men moving around caused me to look up. A group of men were climbing off their ship and heading into town. I nodded to a few of them as they walked by. One of the men caught my eye. He was taller than most of the others and wore mostly black leather. Looking closely at him, I could tell he hadn't had much sleep as of late. As he started to move by me, I lightly grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Would you mind sparing a moment, sir?" I said.

The man motioned for the other men to go on ahead before turning to look at me.

"What can I do for you, lass?" he asked, with a small smile.

"There is nothing you can do for me, though I might ask the same of you." I held up my basket, which still had some fruit and bread left. "You appeared tired. Would you care for anything?"