Chapter 2

[Before you start reading, make sure your audio is on to listen to the video's music! Turn it down a bit, and get reading! It should last long enough to the end of the scene.]

-----

"I've got him locked on the radar, Lai," Ambriel noted, wincing at the tight bandage that Laika was wrapping around her lower leg. "Does it really need to be that tight? What if it cuts the circulation off in my leg?"

"Ee-yup, it do. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing," Laika muttered, tightening the bandage even more by pulling at it with her teeth. She pulled an orange-colored vial out from her supply bag, and the pink one she used while aiding Ambriel in her fight against the acid-spitting droid.

Ambriel kept her eyes on the fleeing fishing boat, and glanced at the radar every few seconds to confirm that it was going to Cinderstone Moor. Something's looking a little off... she thought. She pressed a button on the display to show the path that the fishing boat made, but its direction didn't seem to be contributing to the belief that it was headed for Cinderstone. It was heading more north, into Feuille Sound.

"Lai, the boat's not heading to Cinder," Ambriel stated, her voice tense with uncertainty. "It's going into Feuille."

"What?" Laika yelled, unable to hear Ambriel clearly over the loud engine of the boat.

"It's going into Feuille Sound, instead of Cinderstone Moor like we thought."

"Shit," Laika seethed through her teeth. If that's what they're doing, we can't catch them on land. We have to stop the boat right now, on the water. "Go faster."

"But Lai-"

"GO!"

Ambriel, frightened, pushed the throttle all the way down, and locked it. "Laika, you drive, I'll go on their boat and disable them."

"Heh, you caught onto my plan," Laika smirked. "Go! I'll put the boat on cruise and on track so I can heal you." Ambriel nodded, and carefully walked over to the bow of her boat, and held onto the railing to not fall into the water.

The stolen fishing boat appeared in their sight, and Ambriel prepared to launch herself onto the boat. Laika steered the boat to be flush with the other one. Lock target, track, Laika noted to herself. 47 knots, cruise, all set. "Jump!"

She waited for the precise moment for their boat to be a few meters ahead of the fishing boat. Few more seconds...

Now! Ambriel stomped on the boat with her right leg as hard as she could, and leaped over to the deck of the fishing boat. Her body slammed the hard decking, and tumbled into the cabin.

Laika stood up from the boat seat and hobbled over to the deck, and took out a metal aid kit from her supply bag.

Ambriel struggled to stand up. At least I didn't wear out my left leg; that would've caused more damage. She rolled herself over, just as the Nuian in the boat cabin came out, with an electric prod in his hand. Laika, surprised that their suspect was armed with a dangerous weapon, hesitated for a moment. I thought at most they'd have a nunchuk or taser – not a full-blown lethal weapon that's supposed to be limited to the nation militaries. Is he a part of it? He must be undercover.

"Amb, I will go into stealth and try to formulate something that's potent enough to keep you from getting knocked out. His weapon I know has long range, so you'll need to keep him occupied until then," Laika whispered into her headset.

The Nuian's prod wasn't fully charged yet, so Ambriel's eyes wandered all over his body to see if there was any weak point that she could take him down. But the Nuian had other ideas.