Chapter 10

I wake up, sadly, a few hours lateand decide to look around in vain. All I do is go around the building in circles, eyes blindly glazing over things, when--AGAIN--I have a DUH! momment. Doors. THE FRIGGEN HIDDEN DOORS!!!!

        I run as fast as I can to the teacher's loungue and yank open the door. FREEDOM!!! Yes, I am an idiot for not thinking of this earlier... In the bright sunlight my eyes squint, and I peer out. Yup. I was right by civilization the entire time.

Now that I figured out how to get out, now the question is who brought me here... and why.

*~*~2 or so hours of thinking of ways to get help, apparently ignoring the fact that I was literally in the middle of a bustling town later~*~*

As I walked through my old neighbourhood, memorys of my mum and dad, clildhood friends, creepy neighbours, petty crimes flashed through my mind. I remembered climbing trees to tell people secrets, hiding in bushes to spy on the newest crush, being teased about my hair, hiding effortlessly in the snow then bombarding said teasers with snowballs the coming winter, that one creepy dude that liked to watch me... ah, the good days. I even remembered a snowy boy like myself--Marky, my mind reminded me--appearing here and there every so often. My neglective parents. All the stuff that I found outside my door, likely from the parents that didn't even care enough to feed me.

Yes, when I was young, they didn't feed me. But I didn't starve either. They had thought of that. So, they hired a nanny to drop off food twice a month. Shaking my head of those bitter memories, I continued on my way. Looking around me, I saw what I thought to be my old house. Now, obviously, someone else had moved in and is probably living there, but it's still the only thing I have ever considered mine.

I realize I was just standing there, staring at my old house, when someone screams my name.

"Meredith?!"