•; prologue - cyrus

"i can't believe i ever breathed without you."

Jonah Beck.

The name resonated in Cyrus' thoughts. He didn't know he was gay until he met the boy in question. However, Jonah was as straight as you could get—and had a girlfriend, Amber, who was in high school.

Honestly, what was so special about Amber besides the fact that she's in high school. She wasn't even that nice, what does he see in her?

It was true, Amber was not the nicest person ever. In fact, she was a total bitch. Although Cyrus had never interacted with her, he heard stories about her. She's popular and she uses that popularity to destroy others lives. His friend, Andi Mack, learned that the hard way—back when she had a massive crush on Jonah herself, she became Amber's target. She didn't stop her torment until Andi backed off.

Besides, he doesn't even know you exist, it's just another hopeless love. You need to get over it before Amber finds out anyway. There isn't a point.

However, Jonah was the most perfect boy Cyrus had ever seen. He couldn't get him out of his head. He hasn't told anyone either. If anyone knew, his reputation would be shattered—not that he had one to begin with. He only has two friends, Buffy and Andi, who have been there through thick and thin. He wanted to tell them, he really did, but he can't help but think after he did, they'd turn on him too. And he couldn't bare the thought of being that alone.

Cyrus had never been that popular; he's awkward and unathletic... He was surprised that Buffy was still his friend honestly. She held many of the top records in girls' sports at Jefferson Middle School. She was the anti-Cyrus in every way possible. But, you know what they say... "opppsites attract!" This philosophical concept is the only logical explanation that he could think of to justify their friendship.

Andi, on the other hand, has always been one of Cyrus' best friends—they live next door to each other too so that helped a lot. Andi has always been great at giving advice. She's also an apsiring artist, and the "Andi Shack," her art studio, is a constant hangout locale for the three friends. Along with the local diner, promptly named "The Spoon."

I can't get him out of my head, no matter how hard I try.

His crush on Jonah haunts him, he knows it will never work but he can't get rid of it. But, if he tells anyone, even his best friends, he would alone. Forever.

It's just you and me brain, we got this. We'll get over him together... Eventually.