part one

I was happy when Mrs. Autumn went into retirement at the end of last year. Personally she never did anything to me, but she was awfully forgetful, she tended to be rude towards our class in general and she was awfully rude to one of my classmates, Sarah. In general none of us cared about her attitude but it affected our grades and since most of us wanted to go to a good college, that was where we drew the line.

But after she announced her retirement and the excitement of our class died down, questions stormed down on us.

Will we get assigned one of the teacher for English already teaching on our school? If not, who will the new teacher be? Will it be a Mrs. or a Mr.? Old or young? Will they be good looking? Can they actually teach? Will they be better or worse than Mrs. Autumn? Will they grade us based on what we would know or who we are?

Nobody knew until that bloody Monday morning on our first day of school.

It was a rather sunny September day and when I was walking to school I thought it would be just an ordinary day and it would suck as any other school day. Once I came to school, I greeted my friends and we walked up to room 203 where we had English. We were one of the first to arrive, so me and my best friend Els quickly threw our bags on one of the back seats and laughed as the few boys from our class groaned; they never paid attention last year and were always on their phones during Mrs. Autumn's classes, occasionally taking pictures of her. She couldn't see that far so she never did anything about it.

While they were groaning, the other girls quickly sat down in the other back seats and the boys looked really upset when they had to sit in the front seats, right in front of the blackboard. I stuck my tongue out to one of them before sitting on the table and talking with Els. We still had some time to spare and we needed to catch up on summer break.

Els was just explaining some crazy drunk story she had on a party last weekend, when Gabi asked the class if we know who the new teacher would be. I furrowed my brows and looked at Els and she opened her mouth to explain, when a sound of the door slamming closed was heard.

Instinctively I stood up and looked over to see who it was, now remembering that Mrs. Autumn had retired and we either got one of the other English teachers on our school or someone new.

A tall man was standing between the doors and as he made his way towards the front of the room, I could see that he was around 25. He had chocolate brown hair with a few highlights and he had piercing green eyes and to be honest, if he weren't a teacher I would be crushing on him instantly. His career choice though made him  the worst person to crush on, in my opinion, because he chose to spend extra time in school and that's just plain lame.

He smiled and gestured for us to sit down, a dimple popping as he did. Els hit me under the table and I turned to her, shaking my head. I turned my attention back to the teacher and I sat back, watching as some of the girls were exchanging looks, obviously finding him hot. I hear Gabi whisper that she wished to get a seat int he front now and I grinned because I would never lie, the new teacher looked handsome.

"Hello class, I am Harry Styles and since Mrs. Autumn retired, I will be your English teacher from now on."

"Do you mean like, forever?" Natalie asked eagerly and the class laughed. Mr. Styles smiled and nodded, sitting on the table and crossing his arms.

"Well since you only have 2 years not forever, but yes I am here permanently." he explained and some girls giggled, making Mr. Styles raise a brow. He choose to ignore it and smiled. "So, I'm going to ask you to introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about yourself. We could start in the back?" 

A few groans were heard and one of the boys complained, but Mr. Styles shushed the and I glanced at Els. One of us could start and I raised my brows at her, and she nodded, grinning before standing up. I chuckled because I recognized that smirk.