VII: misunderstood

hayden's pov:
mackenzie? what was mackenzie doing here? i told her to leave me alone after our breakup.
"hay!" kenzie said, running up to me and hugging me. she kissed my cheek.
"what are you doing here?" i asked.
"i wanted to surprise you!" kenzie said.
i looked over at annie. she had a look on her face. she looked a little pale and was not smiling anymore. oh no. this is the reason why she was upset on the plane the other day.
"i'm mackenzie by the way!" kenzie said.
"i'm annie" annie said, forcing a fake smile.
annie's pov:
i'm so stupid, i fell for hayden knowing he was with mackenzie. maybe he just deleted the posts with her because of all the comments.
"on second thought hayden, me and jayden have got to go. thank you for everything, but we really got to go" i said, walking fastly out of the airport.
"annie! wait!" hayden said, trying to catch up to me, but mackenzie stopped him.
"why does it matter so much? if she wants to leave, let her leave!" kenzie said.
once we were in the car, i told jayden everything, and i mean everything, that happened.
"wait.. so hayden deleted the posts with mackenzie? i knew they dated but i was pretty certain they had broken up. i heard from carson that kayden was over, and carson is like hayden's best friend" jayden said.
"well.. you saw her. she kissed him and hugged him!" i said.
"annie.. do you like hayden?" jayden asked.
"i mean.. it's complicated. i didn't think i liked him, considering i met him two days ago. but, every moment of those two days were magical and once i saw the posts with mackenzie, i have to admit, i was a little jealous." i said.
"annie leblanc likes hayden!" jayden teased.
"okay fine maybe i do have a small crush on him, but he's dating kenzie" i said.
"okay i still find that weird, i was certain they had broken up. should we ask carson?" jayden asked.
hayden's pov:
"mackenzie, we've gone over this! we are over!" i said.
"but i've missed you so much hay" kenzie said.
"i'm sorry, but i've got to go. i need to go fix what you destroyed and never talk to me again" i said, storming out of the airport.
"dad will you take me to carson's?" i asked.
"sure" mr jimmy said, "after we go home and unpack"
"fine" i agreed.
i texted annie:
hayden: annie can we talk?
annie: i'm sorry but i've really got to go and unpack.
hayden: why is this bugging you so much?
annie started typing, and then stopped.

a/n: the next chapter is going to be very interesting. stay tuned!