Chapter 1

Johnny Marr, or 0ut-in-the-streets, was not by any means tumblr famous. He had some 50 followers, but had a number of dear mutuals. His blog was full of random things he liked but was most easily classified as a rockabilly blog. There were pictures of well-sculpted quiffs and audio posts of songs he liked (mostly rock and roll and pop music from long before he was born).
One day, scrolling through tumblr on mobile, procrastinating when he should have been writing some essay for English, he saw that he'd been tagged by a mutual in a reblogged post. Said post seemed to be a rant, littered with photos of Sandie Shaw and the Marvellettes. As he read he found that it was a long winded rant in defense of 60's girl pop, one of his favorite things in the world. The writer defiantly declared the music "kick-ass" and dared anyone to disagree with them. Johnny grinned as he read many of the same claims he'd made to his own friends time and time again.
After reblogging the post he clicked through the url borrowed-sins, to the author's blog. He was met with a mismatch of instagram-filtered pictures of flowers, stills from old movies, lines of poetry, and, oddly, the occasional meme. Johnny nearly laughed out loud at seeing Pepe the crying frog nestled between an Oscar Wilde quote and a picture of James Dean. He quickly scrolled through then, searching for a selfie. He wanted to know who this strange blogger was.
Finally, he found it. A grainy black and white picture of an attractive boy in sunglasses with the caption "Here's a piccy of me trying to look as though I'm auditioning for a part in a 50's B-movie. Why do I bother?"
Johnny smiled widely, his cheeks turning pink at the admittedly adorable phrasing (and boy). He automatically liked the post before realising that he'd already liked half the posts he'd scrolled through and the boy's feed would be clogged with him. He restrained himself from adding to it again and scrolled up to the top again to click on the boy's description.
"Steven. 18. Miserable in Manchester.
I do very little but listen to music and watch films. I'm bisexual, just like James Dean. Pretty hip, huh?"
Johnny snorted, feeling that the boy probably had to stop himself from adding a winky face after the last bit. However, the boy lived in the same town as him, was within acceptable age range for the 16 year old, and was bisexual.
There was hope.