Chapter 6

"You just had to have a nightmare didn't you? I was sleeping peacefully and you started screaming before the sun was up. Couldn't you have waited another hour? You know I can hardly ever fall back asleep. What was your dream about? It better be useful." Daniel ranted.

"I saw a woman who looked like galaxy pattern clothes with a whip of stars, wings, and she was 40 feet tall." I said.

"Well, at least we know who our villain is." Olivia said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Nyx. The goddess of night, mother of the gods and goddesses of old age, strife, the furies,

and a lot more. Did she say anything about her plan?" Olivia said.

"A bunch of stuff about bringing eternal night and having her worst children wreak havoc on the Earth." I said.

"That's not surprising. But did she actually say 'wreak havoc'? That is so overused and cliché." Daniel said.

"Yeah it is." Olivia said.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To Day." Daniel said.

"Yeah, where are we going to today?" I asked.

"No we are going to the goddess of day." Olivia said.

"Oh, why, is she Nyx's greatest enemy or something?" I asked.

"No she's actually Nyx's daughter." Olivia said.

"How does that happen?" I asked.

"When Erebus and Nyx have a kid, Day is the result." Daniel said.

"What?" I asked.

"Gods are weird." Olivia said.

"Let's go before we're smote by one of them." Daniel said. We walked until we found a convenience store. Daniel bought a prism and we walked into the woods. "I'm going to Iris-

message Apollo, no one mention poems, especially haikus." Daniel said. He handed the prism to Olivia and when the sun shone on it and made a rainbow he said, "Oh Iris accept my offering and show me Apollo." As he said that he tossed a gold coin into the rainbow and it vanished. A second later an image showed up. A teenage boy in surf attire with a perfect tan, blond hair, and super muscular arms that I could see via his tank top was in the image. "Hey Daniel! What'cha calling me for? You want poetic advice?" the teen asked.

"No, I do not want poetic advice. I never want poetic advice ever again. I need to find Day." Daniel said.

"Day? She isn't easy to find. Why do you need her?" Apollo asked.

"She is the nicest of Nyx's children, and Erebus hates both me and Joel." Daniel said.

"Joel? He's with you? Where? I haven't been able to talk to him while I was getting the prophecy and driving the sun chariot around the world." Apollo said. Joel stepped into view and waved. The iris message was cut and suddenly Joel yelped after being picked up in a hug by his dad.

"Where did you come from?" Joel asked.

"I was on my way back from visiting mother. So I teleported after seeing you." He said.

"A little warning would have been nice." Joel grumbled.

"Can you tell us where she is Uncle?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah cuz, we need your help." Olivia said.

"Really, you actually said cuz instead of cousin." Daniel said.