six

Jungkook unwillingly pried his attention from Taehyung; Taehyung resembled a black hole, captivating yet so mysterious. Taehyung spontaneously captured everyone's attention, drawing them deeper into the depth of his beauty. Jungkook's eyes lingered on Taehyung for a while more before snapping back to Joon. As soon as his gaze left Taehyung, he felt an empty feeling creeping its way up his soul, it felt as if a cold arctic draft had just shot past. Everything was suddenly so cold, his beating heart lost all of his warmth and his smile dropped into a slight frown. Jungkook stood frozen; his foot not budging one bit. Thoughts ran through this mind, what is this feeling? What is Taehyung? Why is he so affected?

 Thoughts ran through this mind, what is this feeling? What is Taehyung? Why is he so affected?

Joon repeatedly tapped Jungkook on the shoulder, but Jungkook was not responding at all. Joon hated the effect Taehyung had on Jungkook, within the few hours of meeting Taehyung; Jungkook constantly lost his cool and his attention span shortened by so much. Both Taehyung and Jungkook were getting on Joon's nerves. He came to work at Jeon Consolidated to succeed and further explore the financial field but instead, he has to put up with his boss' immature behavior.

"Sir, we're running a few minutes late for our meeting with Bang Shi Hyuk" Joon informed as he escorted Jungkook into Jeon Consolidated. Bang Shi Hyuk was one of the leading entertainment companies in the music industry, Joon couldn't risk losing this deal and the possible partnership between the two company.

"aight" Jungkook casually replied. He didn't mind being late to a meeting as they weren't his top priorities. Besides, the meetings would always get caught up in his flow; after all, he had his manipulative tactics. He knew all the right ways of appealing to his clients and luring them; acting as a replica of luring a mouse into a trap.

Jungkook acknowledged Joon's statement and hurried towards the front entrance. The interior of Jeon Consolidated didn't lack in appearance when compared to its exterior. The polished marble floors along with the tall white walls made the whole lobby look grand and high class. Jungkook followed the velvet carpet leading to his personal elevator. As Jungkook entered his personal elevator, he made sure to quickly check up on his appearance through the mirrors placed all throughout the elevator. He needed to look presentable in order to have a strong impression on Bang Shi Hyuk. His hair was messy and his shirt all wrinkly; he couldn't go to the meeting looking like a mess. Jungkook glanced over at Joon; of course, there was not a single speck of imperfection on him.

Just as the elevator door was about to shut close, Jungkook got a glimpse of Taehyung's long flowing silver hair. Jungkook felt a tugging at his heart; he wanted a better view of Taehyung but the elevator doors shut close. Jungkook had to fight the urge to not pry the doors open. To everyone else, Jungkook would seem desperate for Taehyung's attention but the latter himself certainly didn't think so. He had been oblivious to the effect Taehyung clearly had on him.

The meeting was scheduled to take place on the ninety-seventh floor. Jungkook's personal elevator was designed to handle speed well however, everything felt slow to Jungkook today. Every ticking second felt like an eternity. The elevator felt as if it was traveling at the speed equivalent to one of a snail. The continuous dinging of the elevator was on the verge of driving Jungkook insane, it was pestering him like his morning alarm. All these complications only added to Jungkook's reluctance to attend the dreaded meeting. Every breath he took felt heavy and unbearable.

After an eternity, they arrived on the ninety-seventh floor. Jungkook dreadfully walked towards the designated room. To be completely honest, Jungkook had no idea what the purpose of this meeting was, he had only been informed about this meeting after they left the auction. If he hadn't done his research on Bang Shi Hyuk during the ride back, he wouldn't have had the slightest clue who Mr.Bang is.

Jungkook hastily twisted the doorknob and stepped into the muted room. As expected, all the participants were present and seated in their appointed seat; they all had their pens and paper neatly placed in front of them. Clearly, they're all ready for the conference and just waiting on Jungkook. Jungkook took one last deep breath before trudging towards his appointed seat, located at the far end of the conference table opposite of Mr.Bang.

Twenty minutes into the conference and Jungkook was already bored out of his wits. He had expected a variety of proposals but to his horror, all the proposals so far have been repetitive and mundane. It terrified Jungkook just imagining the duration the of the conference, he had remaining plans scheduled for Taehyung and it itched him to ditch this conference. Afterall, the words spoken from the participant enter through one ear and slipped right out the other, he was far too distracted to focus on his current task. He had absolutely no idea where this meeting was heading but, all he knew was that he had to get out of this room. Jungkook was like a ticking bomb just waiting to explode, with boredom of course.

As if God has answered his prayers, his security guards interrupted the conference and informed Jungkook of the chaos occurring just a few level down below. Apparently, Taehyung had caused a huge swarming of people after he stepped foot into Jeon Consolidated. Taehyung managed to attract a mass audience merely by a single appearance, not that Jungkook was surprised. He wouldn't be surprised even if Taehyung had suddenly  became a rising idol or even potentially a model for the leading fashion brand, Gucci. Afterall, Taehyung does have those god given visuals and perfectly sculpted body.

Taking this as an opportunity, Jungkook replaced his absentminded expression with one portraying of worry.

"There's an emergency in the lobby that I must handle. I'm sorry I had to cut this meeting short. I'll get my assistant to reschedule this meeting. I look forward to the next time we meet!" Jungkook apologized all while shaking Mr.Bangs hands and offering his goodbye. Before Mr.Bang could even reply, Jungkook was already out the door and nowhere to be seen.

Jungkook bolted down the hallway and into his personal elevator which was previously set on the ninety-seventh floor. He couldn't stop the corners of his mouth from rising and forming a smile.

"Finally a dash of fresh air!" Jungkook beamed

"Finally a dash of fresh air!" Jungkook beamed. Jungkook kept his mind preoccupied with the thought of seeing Taehyung and within seconds he arrived at the main lobby. Surely, there was a tremendous amount of people swarming around one particular someone, Taehyung.

I am back from my long hiatus and will be updating regularly