1.

Unedited.
*
The Mubarak's Mansion.
**
It was a hazy December evening, with so much dry breeze and dust but you won't even notice those once you get into the Mubarak's mansion for their windows were constantly closed as they have their air conditioning always turned on and the maids were always on duty twenty four hours a day.

Coming down the stairs,walking in all her grace and held an Aura of superiority and elegance was the lady of the house, Hajiya Intisar Abubakar,the wife to Alahji Mubarak Doma.

She frantically searched her spacious and we'll furnished living room for any signs of dirt and when she saw none, her lips broke into a satisfied smile. She was about to sit down when her hand mistakenly wiped her side table and immediately her face broke into a frown.

"Murjaah" she yelled across the living room,her voice echoing through out the mansion.  Hajiya Intisar hated dirt, she disliked unkempt surroundings as such, made sure her home was always free of them.

"yes Ma" Murjaah ran into the sitting room head hung low.

She led her to the side table and told her to touch it, Murjaah already had tears in her eyes, she knew what was coming next, she always knew but she never got used to it.

"I'm sorry Ma, I won't make this mistake again"a slap also simultaneously struck Murjaah's cheek just as she uttered those words.

"she said she was sorry" a voice said somewhere from behind.

"she's always sorry, can't you see there was dust here, what if we had a visitor?" she asked.

"oh please Mom, you're always exaggerating everything,just some dust and you're being all melodramatic, have some chill" Hafsaa, her 17 years old daughter spoke.

Hajiya Intisars mouth opened like she was about to make a statement but closed,thinking against it.

"it's time to make dinner dear, let's go into the kitchen."

"no mom, you know I don't like all these kitchen stuffs, it's only for ladies like Murjaah and her Kind, do you want my hands to start reeking of Onions, eww" she shuddered. 

Hajiya Intisar only smiled at her daughter and headed to the kitchen. Some minutes later Alhaji Mubarak walked into the house, upon seeing him Hafsaa ran to him and gave him a hug before greeting him. He checked his wrist watch and glanced at his daughter;

"why aren't you in the kitchen? "

"I'm not in the kitchen because I don't want to,i don't belong there, besides there's Murjaah and there's  Ammi"she shrugged.

Alhaji Mubarak sighed, things are getting out of hands, he thought.
He turned to his daughter and spoke,

"Hafsaa Mubarak, I will go upstairs and change, when I come down I don't want to see you here" with that he left. Hafsaa hissed after he was out of sight and continued watching WAGS on Foxlife.

How can he tell me to go to the kitchen, and do what?  When I don't even know how to turn on the gas cooker,what if I get burnt? He doesn't even care, is this man even really my father at all? A whole me?  Hafsaa Mubarak go into the kitchen as if am some cook. What a joke.

She flung the remote and picked up her IPhone X which she had just gotten, logged into snapchat,struck some poses and posted. Immediately she did that she kept getting multiple messages and she could see that her photo had over 50 screenshots already,she liked the attention she was getting and thankfully, she had an hourglass figure and she flaunts them quite well.

She was about to go back to her room when her brother walked into the house,he looked a tad bit drunk.

"innalillahi wa Inna ilaihi raji'un(From Allah we come and to Him we shall return. Basically said when something bad befalls someone) what have you done to yourself Khalid? Miye Ka zamar da rayuwar Ka? (what have you turned your life into?) at your age" Alhaji Mubarak whom they all call Daddy exclaimed.

Khalid was already seeing blurry and was walking in a zigzag manner,he hissed;

"be calm old man, I was just out with some friends having fun, is that bad now too?" he slurred.

Alhaji was about to hit him when Hajiya Intisar rushed out of the kitchen and used herself as a shield to her son.

"haba Alhaji, he just had some few drinks, he won't do it again" she defended Khalid.

Daddy looked from Her to her Son and ran his hand across his face in an exasperated manner.

"Wallahi Hajiya you are spoiling these kids, I am telling you, stop it now, I won't listen to you when you're doing da na sani(if I had known), you are their mother, you should be able to distinguish right from wrong."

with that he walked out of the living room leaving a drunk Khalid, a half nude Hafsaa and their worried looking mother.

-------------------------------------------------
Assalamu alaikum people! It's me again, sigh.
What do you people think?
I hope you enjoy..
                                 Asmaah
                            18🍪12🍪017