Chapter 8 -

Chapter 8 –

Vanessa's POV

Why is he staring at her like that? I try not to make it noticeable that I'm watching them, so I just keep on stretching.

Finally, I can't take it anymore. "Carly said that you apologized to her," I whisper to him.

Beckett is driving me nuts staring at Jenna. I don't understand why. Do I like him? Sure, I know that I have some feelings for the guy, but I'd rather not take it farther than that when...I also like Sasha.

He's behind Jenna, glaring at Beckett. But it's not anger in his eyes. More like curiosity. His cute black hair is swept to the side. It's obvious that he and Jenna have something, for sure. But...they've only done little things. Nothing serious. I still have a chance.

I don't really know when I developed feelings for Sasha. It was probably when Beckett kind of ditched me. Carly was always there for me, but the other person was definitely Sasha.

He chose me over Carly that year, too. He backed off when she tried to kiss him. I know he doesn't like Carly.

I feel a bit guilty, stealing her old crush from her. It's why I haven't told her. I mean, she's hot on the Beckett Bradstreet path anyway. Why disturb her? She should be over it by now, anyway. She literally had a relationship with Austin not too long ago.

Another thing I like about Sasha is that he doesn't have a mother constantly...watching me, and criticizing me.

But that's unfair to Beckett. "Is it true?" I question him, continuing with what I said earlier.

Surprise is evident on his face. Apparently, he wasn't expecting the question, or Carly to tell me. His entire figure moves so that he faces me, meeting my eyes with his intense eyes. "I did."

I don't give away anything as I nod, putting my leg back up on the bar, not meeting his gaze.

Beckett's leg drops beside me, and he turns to study Jenna again. But I do catch a bit of frustration on his face after a moment.

It's hard to understand this guy. He keeps everything hidden.

But then, I can't be talking. I do the same, with my cold attitude. The only one who can see through it occasionally is C, so I keep my guard up on certain topics when I'm around her.

I feel bad. Sasha and Beckett are best friends. Wouldn't that be a little awkward if I ended up dating Sasha and Beckett was still...in like with me?

I sigh. Whatever.

It's not like it's going to happen.

---------------

Author's Note -

Hey, how are you all? I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, especially with all of you being so, so supportive. I'm really sorry. (The gif above is me right now, I swear.) Promise to get a new chapter up soon after this one, too. I owe you all.

What do you think of Sasha and Vanessa? Would they make a good couple? I have to admit, I hadn't even considered the possibility until I wrote this chapter, going on impulse like I normally do.

Thanks again for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, following, and supporting me and this story.

Owl~ XOXO