Give Me A Chance.

A/N: Hey. This is my first story on Wattpad and i hope its good enough :) if you have any questions dont be afraid to message me :) 

Chance - Doing something by accident or without design.

Avalon - the place of King Authurs death.

He was stood at the top of the stairs smirking down at me into the darkness. I wondered why he was up at two in the morning. Then I realised he probably like me wanted some of the gorgeous left over cake Billy made earlier, with it's fudge icing and-Oh yeah I forgot. He doesn't eat cake after he watched it get shoved up my nose at our 5th birthday party.

As I reached the top step I studied his face, his familiar floppy blonde hair was draped over his right eye and his beautiful green eyes shone in the dull light of the moon. As i watched him, his chiselled jaw locked and he seemed to be debating something in his head. Hands went up behind his head and clutched onto stands of his hair, our eyes met for the first time in months and in shock I intake a large breath.

"W-why are you up Chance?" I stutter at my best friend who bites his lip.

Nervously I take a step forward and reach out to touch him. Strangely he shies away from my hand, it's as if he's in some sort of pain.

"C-chancey are you alright?" He nods quickly in response then backs away into his room closing the door behind him.

Strange. I turn back around and go into my room slowly retracing my steps I had once made. After I close the door behind me I slump down to the floor and stare out the window.

Recently it feels like everyone around me has been avoiding me, everyone being Chance. Without him I'm useless. I've noticed that even the maids don't bother me anymore. Not even to call me down for dinner.

It's like I'm invisible. Well not really otherwise I'd be like a trapped spirit haunting her best friend and family. Which in a way wouldn't be too hard since both our family's live together. But sadly I can assure you I'm not a ghost, spirit or undead for that matter.

The relationship between me and Chance developed from and early age; our mothers were best friends and decided to bring us up together. After 15 years of being around him non-stop, I started to feel awkward around him. It wasn't like I had any feelings towards him other than friendship because well I didn't, It just started to feel weird and now it's like I don't understand him anymore.

Like he's hiding something from me that I cant figure out.

Something that's causing him all this pain. And I feel helpless because I can't do anything to help.

After about an hour of being sat on the floor I started to get cramps in my legs, reluctantly I pulled myself up and trekked to my bed tripping over a few disgarded clothes I'd forgot to pick up earlier. I'd have to be up in less than 6 hours to start the day, sounds like fun right? Well it isn't.

(5 hours and 30 minutes later..)

"Miss Avalon, her majesty is waiting in the study." Annabel, one of our maids came in and opened the blinds. I sat up in bed and wiped away the crusty eye goo out the corner of my eyes. "Annabel for the billionth time it's Avalon! Not Miss, Majesty or Princess!" I said snapping at her, I instantly felt bad after I watched her eyes grow wide as she tried to scurry out the room.

"I apologize Annabel, I didn't get enough sleep last night." Her face softened. "Mister Chance?" I nodded.

Annabel was the only one who knew about the awkwardness between the two of us. "He's been so distant and I don't know what to do! I'm worthless without him Anna." I said whilst looking down at the floorboards so she wouldn't catch me crying.