Chapter Four

I'm really sorry if this is going to confuse some of you guys, but in case you have not noticed, I have changed the main character's name to Sierra. Well, Destiny Sierra Hills (Sierra she will be known as because I'm going to make it out as if she doesn't like being called by Destiny) will be her full name but if you continue reading this fic, you will find that there is a specific reason as to why I have changed it.

Sorry for the confusion!

(Destiny) Sierra's P.O.V

It has been 8 days since Harry and I spoke. We've shared a few glances here and there during class and in the hallways, but none of us dare to speak to each other. I sometimes catch him staring at me during English which makes me very anxious if I'm honest, it just feels as if he is burning holes into my head with his gaze.

I can't seem to stop thinking about him. It doesn't matter what I do or where I am, my thoughts are just consumed by him. It's frustrating.

It's Tuesday morning, and I have a free day today because school is closed for some odd reason. My dad is at work until later on tonight so I have the apartment to myself.

After an hour of sitting on the sofa doing nothing but watching Teen Wolf, I decide to go out for my morning run. I pull myself off of the sofa and drag myself to my bedroom to get changed quickly. I open the closet and pull out my pink fluorescent sports top, black three-quarter running leggings along with my bright pink sneakers. I place them on my bed before running to the bathroom to get washed up.

Once I return from washing, I brush my hair and pull it back into a ponytail then change into my running clothes. I grab my phone and place it in my bra, before picking up my keys so I can hide them under the floormat outside the door so I can get back in later.

With that, I exit the building and start heading towards the busyness of Manhattan.

I like running, it gives me a sense of freedom I guess, from reality. The past week has been somewhat interesting. Last Monday didn't start off too well with what happened between Harry and I but the rest of the week went really well. I hung out with Rylee and Scott most of the time. I get the feeling that something is going to happen between them, I keep teasing Rylee about it which is quite funny.

After twenty minutes of flat out running, I could start to feel my heart pounding to the beat of my feet racing over the hard ground. Sweat beading from my forehead, causing my hair to cling to it as my throat ached for air, more air. I didn't mind this sort of pain. The delicious rush of wind that passed my face thrilled me. I could feel my muscles stretching, pushing harder. I started to even my pace out as my legs made the pavement fly under me.

Running on the streets of Manhattan is never easy but doing it while trying to focus on more than one thing is even harder. My mind is everywhere right now and I feel myself getting very dizzy. Thinking back to this morning, I haven't eaten anything, and I don't have my water bottle with me right now.

I quickly turn a corner before suddenly hitting something hard. As I spun around falling to the ground, I looked up and there, was someone standing over me ominously.

It was a guy.

I couldn't quite make out who he was though, my vision was too blurry because of the faint feeling I had. He reached his hand out to me so I grabbed it and pulled myself up. I brushed the dirt off the back of my ass before rubbing my eyes, then looking up to meet his gaze.

"Harry?" I panted helplessly. My heart rate still hadn't slowed down back to normal.

"Hey, are you okay? I'm sorry. I didn't see you coming round the corner." His eyes flashed with worry, concern shown clearly in his features.

"No, no. It's my fault. I wasn't concentrating on what I was doing. My mind was elsewhere and then I got dizzy and then I-"

"It's fine, Sierra. Don't worry about it" He smiled while placing his right hand on my shoulder. "Can I walk you back? I just want to make sure that you get home okay."

"Sure, if you don't mind. Thanks" I gladly accepted his offer.

"Alright then, let's go" He said, before heading in a completely different direction to my apartment.

"Uh, Harry, you're going the wrong way." I laughed before wrapping my small hand around his wrist, tugging him lightly.

"Right, I knew that." He replied nervously while using his other hand to rub the back of his neck, flexing his muscles. It wasn't until now that I realised that he was also wearing running clothes. A white skin top clung to him, showing the shape of his perfectly toned torso and black shorts that were slightly baggy on his slim legs. He wore a grey beanie which pushed his curls back off his sweaty foreheard. I blushed at the sight of him, he is so beautiful.

"So you were running too?" I asked nervously, feeling the redness burn in my cheeks as I caught him smirking.

"Yeah. I needed to get my mind off things" He sighed.

"What sort of things?" I asked, before mentally slapping myself for being so inquisitive.

"That's not your business." He retorted while clencing his jaw. I could see his body tensing up. I increased the distance between our bodies, as we seemed to have been walking extremely close to each other. "Look, I'm sorry... again" He sighed before running his hand through his hair.

I chuckled lightly at how his mood changed so quick. "You know, your mood swing are really giving me whiplash" I teased. He rolled his eyes as I gently nudged him with my elbow.

"Ha ha." He smirked. "Hey, would you like to come out with me tonight?" I could tell he was nervous by the way he tried avoiding eye contact while biting his lip.

"I thought we couldn't be friends?" I asked confusingly. Honestly, I don't understand him. One minute he's telling me we can't be friends, and then the next, he's asking me to go out with him.

By now, we had stopped dead in our tracks, with a 3 foot distance between us.

"I know, but.. I don't know if I can stay away from you any longer" He confessed, while quickly moving his eyes from mine, to my lips, then back up to my eyes. I know that what we are doing right now is careless, we barely know each other, we've barely spoken to each other. So is it even possible to like someone this quick? 

"Then don't" I breathed as we shifted a little closer. I could smell his minty breath as we closed the gap between us. His lips parted as I pressed my small body to his, but before I could go any further, he pulled his body away from mine before ruffling his hair with his hand as I just stood there in completely shock.

"I have to.." He breathed.

"Why?"

"Because.."

"Because what, Harry? Tell me." I pleaded. What has gotten into me? I barely know him. Don't get me wrong, I like him, I really, really do like him but I don't understand why I'm suddenly acting like this. I probably sound so desperate right now.

"It's too dangerous." He finally admitted as I let out a breath that I had no idea I was holding before taking a step back.