Pilot | Chapter 1

[Y/N's POV]

"God damn it Y/N! Wake up!" I heard a male's voice yell as they jumped onto my bed. It was early morning, almost 6 though I never wake up until 8. I open my eyes to see Garroth. We've been friends since college, but after he graduated, we became distant. Recently during the summer, I moved in on Lover's Lane. Coming to greet me, Garroth was the first person to. That's when we reconnected as friends.

Garroth seemed excited about something, but it was weird for him to be up this early. Normally he'd wake up at the same time as me, unless getting a phone call because he never puts his phone on mute. I'm guessing that was the case. Oddly enough, for me being half awake, half asleep, I asked him what's happening. "My baby brother is coming home!" He replied with a bright smile. He's usually moody in the morning so this is honestly new.

I was confused, I thought Zane had always been home. I let out a small laugh, "Garroth, I though Zane was already home!" I said jokingly. Zane, I've never been too fond of so I don't really know him well. But sometimes Garroth forces us to hang out, being the person he is.

Garroth looked annoyed at me after I said that. "Not him, silly," He said in an irritated tone, "Vylad! My other baby brother!" He said more happily and filled with joy. You could see it all over him. You could mainly tell since he was in still in his pajamas.

After he said the name, it honestly dis sound familiar, but I couldn't put a face to it. It was weird, I normally remember faces and names. Garroth hadn't really talked to me about this Vylad person either. Mostly about Aphmau, Zane, Aaron and others who were at the cabin and Starlight.

"Who...?" I asked, reluctantly. Garroth seemed irritated again after I had asked. "I'm sorry! I can't put a face to the name!" I said nervously, but calmly. He then told me a brief explanation of what this Vylad person looks like. Chestnut brown hair, emerald green eyes, slightly tanned skin. He often wore a brown jacket, dulled pink shirt, green scarf, ripped jeans and hiking boots. He said that first time I met him, he was wearing a brown jacket, similar to the one he wears now, white and green striped shirt, jeans and converse. I questioned why he knew this but I didn't ask him about it.

I was still confused on who this mystery guy could be. I tries remembering college since I most likely met him while I was in college. Many faint memories came to my head of Garroth introducing me to guys for no reason. Then I remember towards the middle of my first year in college, Garroth had introduced me to someone I specifically remember wearing the things he described. I began to question myself for a bit.

[FLASHBACK]

I had a flashback to the memory. I could see Garroth, Vylad and I from the bushes. It was.. Weird. It's extremely weird seeing yourself in third person.

"Y/N! I'm glad you came! Meet my baby brother, Vylad. Vylad, meet my good friend Y/N!" Garroth sounded extremely excited about this. You can tell that it's weird, awkward but exciting for him to see his little brother interacting with people.

"Pleasure to meet you, Y/N," the man said. It was Vylad. Chestnut brown hair, emerald green eyes and slightly tanned skin with a brown jacket, white and green striped shirt, jeans and converse. He was handsome, or at least I thought so. He was charming, smart and kind, though he was extremely mysterious at the same time. It seemed as if he hadn't really made many friends before.

Vylad offered to invite me to lunch after we met. He said he wanted to get to know each other better seeing as he's Garroth's brother and I'm one of his close friends. But Garroth insisted on coming along, like usual. He just wanted to watch out for the both of us, so I don't blame him.

During lunch, I found out quite a bit about him, though most of which I forget. But I have learned some new things about Garroth I'm sure he didn't want me to know about. You can hear the tone in his voice whenever he said, "Vylad, c'mon! You had to bring THAT up?" It was great, honestly. I never thought I would've had so much fun when it was so close to my midterms at the time.

After lunch, Vylad gave me his number and told me to call or text him whenever I wanted to talk. You could see the jealously all over Garroth's face. You couldn't really tell what it was but it was probably about Vylad being able to give a girl his number while Garroth hardly could. From then, we texted often. We even got together and hung out a few times. After we both had finished our education, we kind of just grew distant. We hadn't really talked since. I'm not even sure if he changed his number or not honestly.

[BACK TO PRESENT]

"Wait.. Vylad? You mean the one you introduced me to during the middle of my freshman year at college?" I asked, reluctantly. I didn't want to seem stupid if it wasn't him. Luckily enough, Garroth answered with yes and nodded. He smiled, I could tell he was happy I remembered even after all these years.

"Now, get out of bed and get ready, he's coming to my place around 8," Garroth said then jumping off my bed and storming out of my house. God, was it a mistake given him a spare key.

I got out of bed and then started to get ready. I changed into my F/C shirt, ripped jeans and converse. I put on a black jacket and starting heading out. By the time I did, it was around 7:45. I checked my phone and could see how impatient he was with the millions of texts saying "Where are you?", "When are you coming?", "Are you gonna be here soon?" I mean, it's expected from him honestly. Impatient as ever.

I finally arrive at Garroth's door. I knock but get no answer. "God damn it Garroth, open up!" I was being the impatient one at the time. Usually Garroth would answer right away. It's weird of him to not do so.

"Need help?" I heard someone ask from behind me. It was for sure a male, but it was a voice I hadn't heard before. I turnes around to see a young man awkwardly smiling at me. "I'm Vylad."

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

First chapter, yay? I plan for this to be a decently long series. At least 30-40 chapters since I normally never make it past 20. Anywhoooo, I hope you enjoyed! Vote on this story if you want to see more! ^^

~Yasmin