Family

CHAPTER 3

February 18

    Dear diary,

It's been awhile since I've written in here. It's been horrible these past few days. I'm seeing things. It's just awful. I can't trust anyone, go anywhere. I'm not even safe in my own home. Am I going crazy? Has this guy actually been following me? Has he just been a figment of my imagination? I don't know. I will never know if he keeps playing with my mind.

        I hear the door bell ring again. I just get up and walk up to the door but slowly. My hand is shaking. My head is dripping with sweat. My heart is pounding, and I'm breathing heavily. I look out the peep hole, but I don't see anyone. I sigh with relief but only because he wasn't there waiting for me with a knife in his hand. I open the door and I see a small box. I take the box, go back inside and close the door. I open up the box, but all I saw was a red package. I open it up and I see a note.

    Will you merry me? That's all it said. I'm getting anxious again. I hear a knock on the door. I quietly go to the door and look through the peep hole once more. I see no one. I open the door and I see another small box. I take it and go back inside. I'm shaking, sweating with fear. I open the box. I see a package. I let out everything from it. I saw a note. Take your mother's ring for acceptance. My mothers ring? He stole my mother's ring?! I shake the package upside down. Oh. My. God. I see... a finger. It can't be! My mother... He killed my mother! What if... oh no. Dad. I rush to my car. I go 0- 80 in seconds. I drive into the freeway. I honk my horn. A signal to get out of the way. While I'm driving, I call the police.

"911, what's the emergency?"

"Hello? This is Jade Hills calling I..."

"What is it this time?"

"I'm calling to report a crime."

" what a surprise."

"I'm serious. There's been a murder."

"Alright where?"

" The address is, 4893 Brook wood ave."

" This isn't a joke. Right?"

"Why the hell would I joke at a time like this!"

" Okay we'll be over right away."

As I got off the phone with the rude and disrespectful police officer, I pulled up to my parents drive way. I run to the porch, try to open the door, but it was locked. I searched for the extra key. I couldn't find it. I run to the back. Fortunately, the back door was unlocked. I walk into a pool of blood. I hear my mom I run into the living room and see her on the couch. Her hand chopped off. Her mouth was covered by duct tape. I run to my mother. I take the duct tape off her mouth. "Mom. Are you okay?"

"Honey! I'm so happy that your alive and well." Says my mother happily.

"I'm alright. But we need to get you to a hospital." I hear a yell coming from upstairs. It sound like dad.

"Mom. I need to go see if dad is okay. Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine."

I kiss her on the forehead. "I love you mom." I run upstairs and I see my dad on the floor. Dead. I cover my mouth not trying to make any noise. I go back downstairs. And I see my mothers throat slit and blood dripping from her fingers. I run out to my car and called 911 again. I just can't be in that house full of dead people.

"911, what's the emergency?"

"I thought you were gonna be there?"

"Ma'am what's your name?"

"You know me! Jade Hills I talked to you earlier."

" No. That was my sister. Her and other police men went to the address 4893 Brook wood avenue but they never returned."

"How long we're they gone?"

"About 2½ hours why?" I hang up and drive home.

         When I get home I turn on the news.

A young man has recorded a video of 4 officers and a man. The young man doesn't want to show the video but the mysterious man that had officers blocking his path died by a huge car explosion. No one knows how it happened or who did it.

I turn off the TV and I go upstairs. As I open the door I see Jaelyn tied up on my bed. Duct tape covers his mouth.

"Jaelyn?"