Chapter 3: Words to Remember

Hey piglets🐷 so were really sorry bout not posting for a LONG time but with finals and school out it's been hard to write, but we r trying! We can't assure any specific posts but try to look toward every Friday or wensday. Enjoy the chapter:)

; B&S

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tobias' POV:

I put my fork down and silently stood up almost losing my balance. My head began spinning as I tried to make my way to the bathroom without fainting. Bea gave me a look of confusion, but I was too busy processing what I just heard to notice. My last name. She just used my last name. We had to be related. No wonder she looked so much like me.

I stumbled into the bathroom, slammed the door, and jerked the cold water faucet on. The water spilled out into the sink whirling around like the storm inside my head. I placed a hand on each side of the sink and leaned forward, my legs feeling like jelly from the news. Who was she to me? How did I not know about her? An ice cold feeling suddenly shot through my hands and feet. I glanced down realizing the sink had overflowed. Damn it! Quickly, I shut the water off and snatched up a towel bending down to clean the mess. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, but that didn't seem to wash alway all the unanswered questions.

••••

I couldn't handle this, I didn't know what to think of what she had told me. Maybe I was going crazy...people have the same last names all the time right? I sat against the wall, to exhausted to stand, when I heard a knock.

My head whipped around and hit the towel rack hard. "Ow," I groaned and heard a stifled laugh from behind the door. Oh yeah? Who would be laughing when I...........never mind. I quickly hung the towel on my new enemy and changed out of my clothes into a fresh pair. I splashed the water from the sink on my face, drained it, then answered the knock. It was Bea...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bea's POV:

I didn't know what was wrong with him, I had only told him my last name. He quickly excused himself from the table and went to the bathroom. I gave him about 30 minutes before checking on him. Yeah I didn't really care about him, but I still wanted to make sure he wasn't passed out in the bathroom or anything. Either he was crazy or I was, and I'm pretty sure I'm not because I wasn't the one to freak on hearing the other's names.

I slowly walked up to the door, hoping he wouldn't come out when I was creeping up on him. I would rather not have anymore awkward tension. I lightly knocked on the door and waited for a response. After about 2 minutes and a loud bang, he opened. He was wearing a new outfit and looked like he had been sobbing quietly the whole time. His eyebrows were tightly knitted together, nose sniffling, and bright pink, and his eyes visibly brimmed with silent tears. I turned around and made my way into the living room, motioning for him to follow. Once we got to the living room I sat on the couch facing him, trying to figure out how to confront him.

"What happened back there?!" I almost hollered but quickly calmed remembering I was trying to "comfort" him.

"Nothing, I just didn't know you were Bea Eaton." he replied softly.

"I didn't think that would affect you..."

"Neither did I." he said, "until the moment your name left your mouth."

Not knowing what he was getting at, I tried to change the subject. He got my name out of me. Now it was my turn. I was "living" with this guy and I didn't even know his name.

"So..ummm..." I stuttered "What's your name?" I asked.

"Fou- Tobias" he responded.

I was slightly curious as to why he stammered at my question, but I let it slide.

"Well okay, and a last name?"

He hesitated for what seemed like forever before responding.

"Eaton."

My mouth fell to the floor, and my eyes locked with his. I saw so many emotions fly through his eyes: confusion, grief, wanting, pity...I tore away and looked down.

"Yo-you're Tobias Eaton?" I asked calmly. I was surprised by my own steady voice and that recognizing his name was more absurd then having the same one.

"Yeah, why?" he asked.

"Umm--" and before I finished my sentence I walked to my room. It was my turn to surprise him with my abnormal actions. Remembering the note, I reached into my bag searching for the envelope. When my hand wrapped around the rough paper, I held it up victoriously and turned to go back into the living room, when I saw Tobias standing in the doorway, eyebrows raised. I rolled my eyes at his try-to-be-intimidating look and in two strides I reached him.

"I believe this is for you." I said holding out the letter.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tobias' POV:

She handed me a letter, and I took it expecting it to be nothing really. A girl I just met was handing me a letter. It was probably just a note of gratitude or payment for "saving" her. My heart sunk when I actually look at it and realized it said Tobias Eaton in Tris' handwriting. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Bea looking at me cautiously as I stood there staring, eyes empty, at the letter. My heart thumped in my throat, and my voice came out in a croaked,"Ok," as I drew my finger slowly across the seal, breaking it. I let gravity do its duty on the envelope and tightly gripped the letter, scanning through the words.

Tobias,

If you're reading this that means I am no longer with you and I am so very sorry. I'm also sorry I couldn't tell you this in person, but we have a daughter. Her name is Bea and I chose your mother to take care of her. I really hope you can forgive me for not telling you, there was just so much going on at the time and I didn't know how to bring it up. I want you to know that I'm deeply in love with you and want you to cherish every moment in your life because it can be taken away from you at any moment. I hope you accept me apology on not telling you and I am sorry that I had to leave you. I did what had to be done and I hope you understand. I don't want you to lose sight of the life in front of you because I am gone. Fall in love, but keep me in your heart and memories, not in a cage. Don't keep me or yourself locked up. Let me go. Also you must know that what I did was merely an end to a small battle. There is another war, Tobias, and you must be prepared. Stay safe and take care of our Bea. Just know I still love you, and I always will even if I'm not with you.

Be brave,

Beatrice Prior

As the letter fell from my hands, I looked up at Bea and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"It's bigger, it's badder, ladies and gentleman it's too much for Mr. Eaton!"(the incredibles-syndrome) how was that!? Thank you!*bows* Thank you!*bows*

We are sorry it's slow but it's all bout the build up👊we would really like for y'all to comment how long the chapters should be-good length...longer.

Comment>>like>>follow❤️

Creds>> @_emmytalbot_

We would appreciate it sooo much if you followed her because she is so amazing for doing this for us(cause Sadie HATES grammar) and read her new book>>tips for living<< luv ya!<3

; B&S