Chapter 01

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy!

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Silenced rained, settling over Suzuki's Vegetables and Fruits Shop.

Brown eyes larger then it's usual magnitude, fist clutching against her chest, the shop tender shook her head from side to side. She couldn't speculate that her regular costumer and spouse were apart of that atrocious clan. "T-this can't be true! Kana-chan! Kana-chan, that dear child, she's so pure and kind! And her husband, he's just like any husband who's concerned about his wife's health. Yes, he may be a bit intimidating at first, but he's a good person. They're both good people!"

The ninja slammed his hand on the desk, evoking the shop tender to jump, startled.

A smile of loathe made way onto his face, and Raiku leaned down looking into the elderly woman's own. "That's just how members of that clan are. They are... How do you say it? Demons hiding in sheep clothing so you will never suspect them until they mercilessly kill you." He disclosed.

Hatsumi shook her head once again with this in her mind, 'it can't be true! It can't be true. It just can't be true!'

"They're eyes. Those satanic eyes that you could locate anywhere. Their eyes are uniquely auburn, aren't they?" He interrogated, trying to make the woman come her senses. "Those with that demonic blood can't avoid inheriting them eyes."

She had never paid attention, but her eyes widened, recalling the hue of their irises. The color, they were similar, frighteningly similar. She closed then opened her mouth, stammering. "I-I-If it's red-brown eyes you're talking about, then any plain old body can have them."

He snickered, witnessing a feeling of doubt spread a cross Hatsumi Suzuki's face. "Hey, old lady. How old are you? Well forget that question; you seem old enough. Do you want that gruesome event known as the Black Blood Incident to occur again? If you don't, listen to my plan and I want you to spread some of the word to the locals so they will be in on it when it occurs. If they need convincing just send them my way."

Some time later that evening, the bells of shop jingled and sung as Kana walked in after opening the door. "Good evening Suzuki-san!" She bouyantly greeted, picking up a blue shopping basket. The young woman with chocolate brown hair, headed to where the cranberries were being displayed, "just like always, we quickly run out of cranberries. It seems Michi-chan is going to be just like her papa, loving cranberries." Her auburn eyes sparkled, as she gently placed one hand on her stomach that carried a child that was due in two months time.

Kana commenced to pace around the store, gathering the fruits and vegetables she wanted to purchase. "We have been getting more snow than usual, haven't we, hmm?" She walked up to Hatsumi, placing the basket on top of the shiny wooden counter. "Is there something wrong, Suzuki-san? Have you come down with the cold that's been going around? If so I can look at you even in this state."

'Does this Kana-chan really carry the blood of that clan?' Hatsumi gazed into Kana's eyes, horrorific memories of the Black Blood Incident flashing before her. "N-no I haven't silly girl!"

At this Kana narrowed her eyes, 'why is she forcing herself?'

"I wouldn't be tending the shop if I was." She divulged, "your total is 3,936.56 ryo ($35)."

"Hmm, here you go." Kana said, placing the money in Hatsumi's hands and receiving the brown paper bags filled with fruits and veggies in return. Turning around, Kana heard Hatsumi whisper, "I am sorry Kana-chan."