Dragonblood Ep 1 Sneak Peek (Dec 18 2017)

|POWERLESS|

13 Years Ago

"HURRY!" Someone yelled over the crowd of humanoid rodents, they moved quietly but at a rapid pace knowing when he awoke, they would be hanged at dawn.

In the crowd a female with a ripped white gown with an small soundly asleep infant in her arms was pushing through. She probably was the most important person to get out as this was former Queen Aela with a young prince cradled in her scratched and scarred arms.

"Your majesty I didn't think you would make it!" A rat person whispered.

Queen Aela shook her head, "please stop calling me that, I am normal like all of you now."

The rat dipped her head, "my bad your- I mean Aela, I still don't understand your desire to bring your child away."

"You lived under my ex-husband's rule, I rather see him live normal than become the monster his father is," Aela hissed.

"We're almost there!"

A ray of hope beamed at them as they saw the exit, but that was quickly washed away as row of heavily armored guards formed blocking them from freedom.

One bent down as a dark grey rat with disturbingly fast calculating amber eyes walked down on top of him. His slimy worm tail flickering all over the place as he scanned the crowd, "you know my palace got awfully quiet real quick tonight. Now at first I thought that revolting thing my sla- I mean wife gave birth gave to had finally fallen asleep, but nope he was gone along with my wife. Do you see what is wrong with that? I sure do."

Silence fell over the crowd as he continued, "than I hear from the people in the streets them regretting they didn't join the escape party."

The rat beside Aela muttered a curses.

The Rat King glared and with a swift leap, turn, and wrap of his tail. The rat who had cursed was dragged behind him with a cracked neck. The body was tossed to the guards with an order from the King, "give that to the royal cook, see what they can make of it."

Aela did her best to make herself seam small so he didn't notice her as he continue, "than I see a thorn bush outside my window with some white cloth and a gold waistband on it," his eyes sweep over the crowd for a moment before concluding, "than I set out with my guards to the only exit this place has along the overhead walls. So now I will make it easy a small bargain, hand over my heir and I will let you go."

A lot of protests was sent over the crowd but the dictator's tail raised up dangerously, "fine if none of you will cooperate, I'll take him by force."

Aela's heart sank has he leaped towards her with his claws outstretched.