Part 2

Ollie sat under the big oak tree at lunch and Zosia came and found him. She sat next to him and began to ask questions.

"Why do they target you? If you don't mind me asking" She said

"I'm vulnerable. My parents are divorced, my sister is dead."

"I'm so sorry Oliver, I had no idea"

"Don't worry. She died in a train crash. She was a doctor and she tried to save someone but it killed her."

"You know what? I don't like sad things, come to my place tomorrow, we can have dinner or something to cheer us up"

"Ok sure" Oliver said

Zosia found herself lost again in Oliver's eyes. But the difference is that Ollie was transfixed to Zosia's eyes too.

One of the groups of bullies came over and stated shouting at Oliver saying, "nobody will ever like you", "she will leave you too" and "bad things happen to scum". Anger filled in Oliver's veins and he took Zosia's hand and ran out of the school gates.

"Oliver! If my dad finds out I have been bunking off he will murder me!" Zosia shouted

"Don't let him find out then" Oliver said, still running

"Where are we going?" Zosia said

"The den"

"The what?"

"Just follow me Zosia, it's a special place."

"Ok"

Oliver guided Zosia into a small wooden building in a woodland area. It was very cosy, knitted blankets, fairy lights and pillows decorated the space.

"This is lovely" Zosia said

"This is where I hide. From everything really" Oliver confessed

"You need to stop hiding. I'm here for you now. If your having a tough time, come to mine, message me, don't fight this alone"

"Thank you Zosia"

Zosia smiled at Oliver. They spend the rest of the afternoon talking and getting to know each other. This is a friendship that nobody can break.