Chapter 3

-Melanie-

Dropping Kyle off to Cynthia's (Derrick's mother) house was quick and simple. Even though he slept the entire way, he was often happy to go back and never shed a single tear. Cynthia was willing to take him anytime , as she had fallen in love with him before he was even born. Before I left, I made sure she had everything she needed. Like every other time I've dropped Kyle off she assured me that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. "Don't worry Melanie, we'll be fine", she smiled and kissed my cheek, and I was out the door.

When I got back to my car, I could only try and think of ways to hurt Jaques when I got to the radio station. He had somehow managed to secretly set up a small interview for Derrick and I with V-103. I'm pretty sure that's what he 'forgot' to mention when he called this morning. He knew damn well I didn't want to be doing anything work related today, I would surely hold it against him later. 

The drive to the station was maybe 30 minutes from Cynthia's home downtown, so I blasted the radio and enjoyed the breeze the morning air brought. When I finally pulled up to the station, the security guard instructed me to pull around to the back where Derrick would be waiting.  I made my way around only to spot Derrick standing by the door with a bouquet of yellow roses, I'm guessing he and Jaques had picked them up for me as an 'I'm sorry' present. 

I parked in one of the front spots and hopped out of the large SUV. "Derrick, what is this?", I questioned him. "Trust me Mel, I had no idea about this until Jaques showed up at the front door." When I got close enough he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, then he whispered, "I promise, after this it's just you and I for the rest of the day." He pecked my lips and handed my the roses. "These are for you", "Right" I replied a little irritated. Jaques had chosen now to remind me of his presence, "Come on ladies and gentlemen, we do have places to be right now". All I could do was breathe as I felt a reassuring squeeze come from my husband. I hope I'd made it obvious that Jaques was damn sure not my favorite person right now. 

I followed Derrick as we together followed Jaques and the studio manager to where we would be doing the interview. In all, it went for about 2 hours and for the most part we did fan calls and a few questions via Twitter. By the time we finished it was around 12:00, and I had sat there feeling my stomach rumble for the last few minutes. When we left to go to the car, Derrick got in the driver's seat and started the car. "This won't take long", he assured me. All I could do was look a little confused and wonder where we were going. I mean, I was still hungry.

At the end of the 10 minute drive I noticed that we had arrived outside of one of the most expensive jewelers in the city. "Why are we here?" I asked."You'll see", he smirked. After he got out and came to help me out we walked in together. Walking through the door you could hear a small bell ring that was obviously suppose to notify the salesman that a customer had come in. " Welcome back Mr. Rose", he smiled and continued, "All I'll need is both your wedding bands." I looked to my husband hesitantly before sliding the comfortably fit ring off of my finger, and into the older gentleman's hand.

He then gave Derrick a look, and he nodded notifying that he had gotten the hidden signal. "Now, Let's go eat."