Sit Still, Look Pretty

Could dress up

"Dear, you must look nice! We're meeting the chief of Berk and his heir!" My mother demanded as she put me in some itchy dress.

To get love

"Why?" I snarl and look up at her furrowed face.

But guess what?

"First impressions, honey."

I'm never gonna be that girl

"There. I'm going to go down there and speak to Chief Stoick, you come down when you're ready." She pipes up and trots down the stairs, and out of the house.

Who's living in a Barbie world

"Nope. Not wearing this." I mutter and strip down, then into a white shirt, black leather tunic, and black pants.

Could wake up

I slip on my black fur boots and tiptoe down the stairs, my head on the swivel, searching for Mother.

And make up

She's not far from the front door outside, where the party is, so I run to the back door.

And play dumb

My gorgeous white Night Fury Cloud is waiting patiently, sitting and wagging her tail fins.

Pretending that I need a boy

I scratch under her chin and clamber onto her black leather saddle, sliding my feet into the stirrups.

Who's gonna treat me like a toy

She purrs and I pet one of her ear fins.

I know the other girlies wanna wear expensive things

I nudge her side and pull up on the saddle, which was the sign to lift off.

Like diamond rings

We shoot into the air, and I guide Cloud into the forest on the mountain, opposite of the direction everyone else is.

But I don't wanna be the puppet that you're playing on a string

"My mother only invited them here so she could ask Stoick is Hiccup could marry me!" I rant quietly as we dodge through trees.

This queen don't need a king

Cloud jolts up into the sky, and I breathe in the crisp morning air.

Oh, I don't know what you've been told

I hear wing beats, other than the dragon's below me.

But this gal right here's gonna rule the world

I look to the right, and a Monsterous Nightmare is hurtling towards me, snarl etched on snout.

Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be because I wanna be

Not only that, but there's a dragon rider.

No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

He let's out a battle cry and pulls out an ax.

You get off on your nine to five

I smirk and pull up on Cloud's reins, pulling her up.

Dream of picket fences and trophy wives

The other dragon, and loud rider, sail under me, hurtling in the same direction.

But no, I'm never gonna be 'cause I don't wanna be