meeting someone new

Hermione, went to her parents house and simply told them her and Ron were taking a break. Although she knew she might have to see Ron again due to the fact she took her seventh year over due to the wizarding war. It was Christmas break after all. She looked at her cat, crookskanks and smiled. She decided to go to the library and read.

Hermione P.O.V
I walked to thr library and saw that it wasn't as bright as it used to be. I saw a young boy around the age of 19 sitting down, he looked stressed so i walked over to him. "Do you need any help?" He looked up at me. "Oh, you don't have to im such a mess and i really want to get through college and be an author". "I looked at him carefully". Hey, no need to stress. I can help you. "He looked at me a little unsure". Are you sure i don't want to waste your time. No of course not that's rubbish! I came here beacuse i was bored anyway. "Alright, he said". Im Alex? "Nice to meet you Alex im Hermione". "Smiled fondly". Here's my number? I took the number from him and formed a half smile, i haven't relembered the last time i used a number. He smiled and said would you like to meet me for lunch tomorrow? "I hesitated not sure what to say, not sute if i was ready yet, then i looked at him straight in the eyes and said, yes. "He again smiled". Great see you there!

I walked out of the library happy. Then i wondered, what would Harry think of this, i mean i loved Harry like a brother to me and i didn't want to loose him.

I went home and had dinner with my parents. Then the question I was dreading ask asked. "So Hermione, what happened to that boy you were with"? My father asked "Well.... I started". Things just didn't work out. My mom nodded. "I see I never met him anyway". "You would've loved him". She sighed. "Oh yes im sure of it".  After dinner I opened my bag and took out my wand. I looked at it for a few minutes then, i put it down. Maybe, it's for the best.

     The next day I went out to meet Alex. We met at a little cafe. He looked at me. "Oh hey, sorry i was just... he trailed off". Oh it's ok! Please, sit down! I sat down. "So how are you"? He asked kindly.  Well, im ok i guess. His smile turned into a frown. "What's wrong"? I shook my head nothing. How are you anyways? "Im great! I love school and i have freinds". I nodded along? We kept a conversation. His smile, his humor, but part of me miss missed Ron.

Ron, sat on the couch of Harry's house with his head in his hands. Harry walked over concerned. "What's wrong Ron"? "Hermione, he admitted". Harry shook his head. "Do you uh, want to talk about it"? Ron frowned. "I well I guess. I just thought we should wait to meet her parents. I didn't think I was ready. Harry they're muggles". What's wrong with muggles"? Well ya know they don't ya know understand. Harry took it in as he thought about his mother and how Petuina didn't understand and called her a freak.

Harry nodded. "Keep going".