x i i

Merry Christmas, xoxo Mama Mimi

Busy buzzing bees.

Everyone was buzzing around Adrien Agreste and his preexisting friendship with the new student, Lila Rossi.

"So, like, who is she?" Alya asked, whispering to Marinette.

"I don't know..." She replied quietly. Too quietly. As far as Marinette knew, there wasn't someone Adrien knew that she didn't. Vice versa.

Seems like she was wrong.

"We came from Italy to do a special collaboration with the Agreste Line." Lila flipped her hair.

Professor Bustier sat her between Adrien and Nino, since she seemed to know each other.

"Adrien and I go back... way back." She looked over at him, blinking innocently. "Don't we?"

All eyes were on him. He could feel them burning into the back of his head as they waited for his answer. "Yeah." He replied.

They had barely been dismissed from class, when Marinette grabbed Adrien by the wrist and dragged him out of the classroom before Lila could even mention his name.

"Who the hell is that?" Marinette whisper-shouted.

"Um, that's a little complicated to explain, Mari."

"Excuse me? 'We go way back'?" She put her hands to her hips. "Doesn't sound too hard to explain, Adrien. Is she a family friend like Chloé? Or what? Why does she come off so fake friendly?"

Adrien was kind of taken aback. Maybe that was an understatement. Really taken aback. He sat in silence for a minute, mulling over just what he could say to her.

"It's okay Marinette, she's just a friend."

Marinette scoffed. "'Just a friend'. 'We go way back'." She mocked the two of them. "I won't like her. Something about her rubs me the wrong way." She crossed her arms against her chest.

"Marinette, please, don't worry about it." Adrien tried to soothe her.

"Also, what's this about a collaboration? Papa never mentioned anything about it and now some random girl shows up and states what's up?" Her hands hit her sides. "What the hell Adrien?"

Adrien couldn't answer before Chloé came out of the classroom, followed by Alya and Nino.

"She's not too bad. She's got a great personality and even said she could get me an interview, because get this – she knows Chat Noir!"

Adrien gave a small groan and Marinette's jaw nearly touched the floor.

"She knows Chat Noir?" Marinette groaned annoyingly.

"Personally, I don't like how she can waltz in here and pretend like she owns everything." Chloé spoke up.

Marinette put her hands up in the air. "Thank you! At least someone sees my point of view."

Chloé went to Marinette and hooked her arm around Marinette's and they both went off, complaining about Lila.

Alya laughed lightly. "Seems like someone has a case of the jellies." She stood beside Adrien.

"It's so strange, we've never seen Marinette act this way before."

"That's probably because nothing's threatened her perfect little life before now." The group turned to Lila, who was joining them outside the classroom. "She's just mad because I'm stealing her... brother from right under her nose."