Chapter 3

I saw all the little kids stare at me, they all know who me and Calla are, it's like I'm that one mom everyone loves. Before I met Ty my neighbors daughter got dropped off in front of my house and I would give the kids candy. They all just looked at me. But I never really looked at them, it would just make me sad. Ty and Emma came running off the bus and down the driveway. I smile. Ty hugs me and Calla. Emma does too. "How was your day bubby?" I ask Ty. "Well, I met this kid, his name is Max!" Ty says with a big smile. 

"Oh really? Well you should invite him over some time." I smile back at him. When we went back inside Calla helped Emma with her homework. I ended up helping Ty with his, all his homework was is coloring, honestly wish that's what our homework was. But everyone knows Ty loves to color so he did that part, but it was for math, so I did that part. It was super easy; we finished in like 5 minutes, would be 3 but Ty wanted to "Color inside the lines", all around he did pretty good with it. The next day Calla and I went back outside to wait for Emma and Ty again. The bus came and they ran down the driveway again and hugged us.

 "How was your day?" I ask both of them. "It was boring." Emma says. "Mine was great!" Ty answers. He always says his day is great, even if he's off school that day. Emma always says it's boring, probably because she's in a higher grade than Ty so she has more boring things. I laugh a little. We went inside and did more homework. "Hey mom?" Ty asks while he colors. "Yes Ty?" I say doing some math for him. "The kids on the bus kept asking me why you are in that chair thingy; but I just told them I didn't know." Ty says choosing a different color. "Well, if they keep bugging you about it then you should tell them to stop." I say patting his head. 

"They like you though, they want to know why they don't get candy anymore." Ty says looking at me. "Then tell them, my legs are really tired and they needed to sleep." I say smiling. "Okay! Thanks mom!" Ty says with his big grin. He gave me his homework he had to color and I put it away for him. "Can I go play?" Ty asks poking my leg. "Yes, go get Teddy and you can go out on the swing with him, just don't put him on the ground or forget about him, I will tell you when it's time to come in because it's going to rain later today." I say smiling. Ty nods and runs off. Emma runs outside to play with him. I felt bad for the kids on the bus so I grabbed some candy and put it in a bowl and left it on the counter. I saw how dark the clouds were getting. "Ty, Emma, it's time to come in!" I yell out the door.

Ty grabs his teddy and comes in after Emma. Once I closed the door it started pouring. "Huh, nice timing." Calla say with a laugh. I laugh a little as well. Ty sat in front of the sliding glass door, watching the rain slowly fall down the glass. He seemed truly entertained by it, the one time he wasn't coloring. I smiled a little while seeing his eyes following the rain as it fell. I hear the door open and Lizzy walks in. "Hey Em." Lizzy says with a smile. Ty didn't notice. "I brought Max over to play with Ty." she said as she hugged me. "Thats no problem, he just watching the rain." I say still smiling at Ty. Max runs over at sits by Ty and they both watch the rain. I turn on the TV and watch the weather channel, as always. Ty and Max comes over to the couch to watch TV, apparently they were done with the rain. We saw them saying a few storm warnings and thunderstorm warning but nothing major; we were one of the areas for the storm. "WERE GONNA DIE!" Ty yells.

 "No, No, No Ty we're not gonna die, it's just some rain, thunder, and lightning." I say patting his head. "We are going to be fine." Lizzy says. I looked outside and the clouds look darker than a normal storm would, but I didn't really care or worry about it. It rained harder and Ty and Max get more scared. Then there was a flash of light and Ty shreeked. I laugh a little feeling bad for the little guy. Then a huge rumble came after it, shaking the whole house, when I put the candy bowl on the counter I didn't reach it well, so when the house shook from the thunder, the bowl fell off and broke. Emma screams.

 "Guys! It's alright!" Calla yells. "Calm down!" I yell with her. Lizzy goes over to clean up the glass so the kids don't step on it. I close the blinds so they don't see the light as much. But a few minutes went by after they calmed down.......but of course, the power went out. Then they started running around and screaming again. Then we heard a thud. "Im alright!" Max yells. I turn on my phone flashlight.....now I was starting to worry. 

"Calla go get the radio from the closet." Lizzy says. All of us went downstairs and we turned on the radio and listened to the weather. "Tornado warning in Carroll County...." the radio says. The kids started crying and stressing out.