Chapter 7

I grabbed a towel and put a ice cube in it and put it on my nose. Corey was sitting on the couch and looked back at me. "Now you look like a knockoff frosty the snowman." he says with laughter. I laugh a little. "Shut up!" I say as I sat down next to him. "I might be as white as snow but i'm nowhere near a snowman." I said giving him a side eye. He laughs. "Do you know where Damon went?" Corey asks. " No, last time I saw him was when I was outside." I answer. Corey grabs his phone and starts to text Damon. "Why? Whats wrong?" I say scooting over to look at what he was typing. "He might be looking for Lizzy."

 Corey says putting his phone down. "By now he should know not to go looking for her when she is mad." I say with a sigh. I slowly started my way up the stairs. I looked into the little crack of Damon and Lizzy's room, he wasn't there. Then I went to my room and looked through the door. Damon was sitting with Ty, but Ty was laying on the ground, sleeping. "What are you doing in here?" I quietly ask. "Um....I was checking on him....." Damon says standing up. He walks out the room. I didn't trust him.

 I went over to Ty to see if he was okay. Ty rolls over. I took a deep breath, and put him into bed, of course after I gave him teddy. I closed the door quietly and went back downstairs. Damon was sitting with Corey, talking. I knew they were good friends but they stopped talking for awhile. I sat down next to Corey and thought of some places Lizzy might have ran off to, but she didn't have much places to go since that tornado almost took everything with it. 

My nose finally stopped bleeding so I put the towel in the laundry and wiped my face off. Even if Damon was just talking with Corey, I had a off feeling about him, like something was still wrong with him, or he just changed. He wouldn't stop asking Corey to tell him how he got hurt, or why he came home. I kept my eye on him, I didn't think I would ever trust him again. Just the way he talked to her, I mean I know he was "different" then, but still. "Hey, Em?" Corey asks with a smile, he seemed like he did something wrong.

 "Yes Corey?" I replied with a fake smile. "Why didn't you call Brother Carlos?" Corey says with laughter. "Hey! Don't bring him into this!" I yell playfully slapping his arm. "What? You should have!" Corey says as he still laughs. I roll my eyes. "What i'm not good enough to do it?" I said as I gave him a look. "No, but it would be cool to see him do his weird god magic." Corey said trying to find his words. I shake my head and laugh. We talked for a little bit after, I kinda just forgot about Damon. I was about to lay down in bed when my phone started to buzz. "Hello?" I say quietly answering the phone. "Hey Em....." Lizzy says. 

"Oh, hey lizzy! Are you alright? You've been gone all day....Damon didn't mean what he said, something was wrong with him, but I fixed it." I quickly say. I quietly went downstairs and outside so I didn't wake anyone up. "Yeah, i'm fine....and I don't care if Damon didn't mean what he said, it still was stupid why he was fighting with me, he should know why you're there any you're going to be staying here for as long as you need and want to." Lizzy says starting to get mad. "Calm down....we want you home, Ty was getting worried about you, you don't want him to think that you're dead do you?"

 I say before I had to wait for a answer. "No...I don't....I just don't want to come home right now...." Lizzy sighs. "I understand, but can you come home tomorrow? We would love to see your smiling face again." I ask. "Guess so....look i'm going to go to bed." Lizzy yawns. "Alright see you tomorrow, sweet dreams." I say before hanging up. I text Ben and Calla goodnight. I went back inside and headed up to bed. The next morning I waited on the couch for Lizzy to come back, since she never said when. I saw her car come in the driveway and I opened the door. She comes in and I gave her a hug. 

We sat on the couch and talked for a while. I looked out the window and see a black car also pull into the driveway, at first I thought it was Damon, so I opened the door. Two men walk up to the doorstep. "Hello." one man says in a deep voice. "Is this Elizabeth's house?" the other man asks. "What's it to you?" Lizzy says walking over. "You have her staying with you with a boy, named Ty? Is that correct?" the first guy says. I nod. "Well, he is not your actual child, so it's more of kidnapping then saving a child." The second guy answers. "So?" Lizzy says. "So, we are going to have to take him back to the asylum." the first guy says sounding mad. I couldn't lose Ty, if I did, I don't know if he would ever trust me again.....I promised.... 

"You can't take him!" I yell as I stopped the men from coming in. Ty was hiding behind the railing on the steps. "If he's not legally your child, ma'am, we have to take him back." The second man says. I heard the little tapping of his feet running to the room. It gave me memories of when we were at the asylum. I closed my eyes tightly. Then opened them and stared at the two men in the eyes, and started to walk towards them."Look....He never belonged in that hell hole you call an asylum....he is a little boy that belongs in a loving family....his family left him behind after he had his problem that I have...he's been there since he was 3.....you expect me to allow you to take him back to the hell hole he grew up in?! 

He deserves to be in a new place with new people! Not the same old stuffy 'i control you' crazy asylum! Now leave this GOD D**N HOUSE!" I yelled louder and louder every time I took a step. I walked closer and closer until they were pinned to their car with me a few inches away from their faces. They quickly hurried into their car and drove away. I stood there for a second. Lizzy comes out and hugs me. "You did the right thing." Lizzy says with a smile. I walked inside. I stayed quiet for the rest of the day. Then there was a knock on the door. Lizzy opens it and Ben comes in.