ten

guardian angel

A doctor was walking by and looked curiously at him. He walked up to him. “Excuse me, are you Mr. Uttam?”

“Yes, but who are you?”

The doctor's face had turned pale. He answered, “I am Dr. Aarav, Saundarya’s friend. Her only regret was leaving this world without meeting you.”

Uttam felt his world was crashing. “She. . .,” he opened his mouth but couldn't tell anything. His eyes were moist.

“She had a hole in her heart. But that wasn't the reason for her death. She met with an accident after she met you. She was treated in a local hospital but didn't do a check up here. That's was her mistake. An internal clot was formed in her brain.

Until it became a threat to her life, she chose to ignore it. Before she was operated, she pleaded me to write a letter and deliver it to you.

She believed that being a psychologist, she can treat people about their insecurities. She wanted everyone to find happiness in every small thing as life is short. It took her time to realise that mental illness is not a topic that one discusses freely. Then she saw your interviews, Uttam.

She is. . . I mean, she was a fighter. She wanted to live and change the world. She fought for her survival. But. . .”

Staggering, he took baby steps and walked towards the car. He had a simple and weird ideology; the one who is born has to die, either today or tomorrow. But today, he felt she should have stayed longer. A little longer.

Somewhere he felt that if she wouldn't have come that day to meet him, she would have been treating her patients. Blaming wouldn't help because she was gone, forever. He regretted the way he had talked to her when they met.

She wanted to live and change the world. Writers can change the world with their words. He took a deep sigh. I know you will guide me to make the world beautiful and perfect. Like us. Soundarya and Uttam. You will always be there for me. You're my guardian angel.

the end.

***

Thank you for reading book. I hope you liked it. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.