Chapter 1

-Kirra's POV-

"Wake the hell up, Kirra!"

I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes. Argh. That irritating guy disturbed my from my sleep.

Let me introduce myself. I am Kirra Panganiban, 18 years old. Studying at Eastern Clef University. I absolutely love studying especially Math. In our class, I am what they call 'The Weirdo' since all I do is memorize formulas, write down notes, and stuff. Additionally, I never ever had a love interest. I'd even prefer books over boys.
Right now, I am living alone in an apartment. My parents run a company in America and lately, the sales has been decreasing. We were supposed to close down our company, but a business partner of Dad insisted that the company can still be saved through a deal. The deal? It was that I, your most truly class weirdo, is to marry the son of the business partner. With this, our companies will merge, resultung to double sales, double salaries, so on and so forth. Of course I hated the plan, but I have no choice. I've been protesting for weeks now. A high school student getting married?! That's absurd! Then, my fiance left for the US to fix the papers for our marriage. Yes! I thought. No more nosy guy for marriage! Unfortunately, he left his equally annoying bestfriend in charge of me.

So that bestfriend of my fiance is the noisy guy banging my door. His name is Ren Cabello. Heartthrob of the school, rich and smart, good at everything. Everybody loves him. Well, except for me. Even though he is supposedly looking out for me, I hate him for making my life miserable. Geez, I feel like a helpless kid.

BONK! BONK!

I hurried outside my room and checked the window. What the...?

Ren was already inside the car, horning it. "FASTER KIRRAA! IF YOU ARE NOT HERE IN 10 MINUTES I WILL-"

I covered my ears And rolled my eyes. So much for being a baby sitter.

After an eternity(every second with Ren feels like and eternity), we arrived at school. Ren and I immediately parted ways.

"Kira!"

I smiled at the person approaching me. She is my best friend. Her name is Bella Froa. Half Australian, half Filipino. Even if we are best friends, we are totally the opposite. She is the most popular girl in school. Gorgeous and hot not like me. Pretty weird, right? She is also the only person, aside from Ren, who knows about my arranged marriage with my fiance.

We began to chit-chat as we walked towards our classroom.

Bella seemed jolly. "Can you help me in making a project later? Pleaseee?" She pleaded.
"How can I say no to my buddy?" I smirked.
"Thank you Kira! Sorry for the trouble. Ms. Marie might you know.." We both knew what it meant. Ms. Marie was our very strict teacher. Bella began to mock Ms. Marie's face.
I laughed. "Stop it, Bella! She might-"

"Hey! Watch where you're going, idiot."

I immediately recognized that voice. Oh great. Way to ruin the moment. That voice belongs to none other than Ren. My archenemy. And the one who's my baby(teenage) sitter. That's the reason why most girls hate me because they think I disrespect Ren Ugh, seriously.

I turned around. "Once upon a time, I was having a good day when a villain came and ruined it."

"Don't have time for you. Move." Ren demanded.

Ugh! who does this guy think he is? Before I could hit him with my best shot and fire him away~ , Bella elbowed me. It was because Bella's boyfriend was approaching towards us.

"Hey Bella." He casually said as he slipped his arm around Bella's waist.

That guy is Jeremy Andrew Corlye. Absolutely good in sports and also one of the heartthrobs in school. When he comes around, that's the time I usually get out of place.

"Hi, Jeremy." Bella replied shyly.

KRRRRIIIIIINNNGGG!!!

The school bell rang. Bella and Jeremy greeted me goodbye, since they were in a different section. I ran through the corridors until I reached the section 2-C. Oh, I forgot to mention. My super annoying, jerk rival is my classmate. What's worst, we were sitting beside each other.

I wish this would just end!

• • • • •