Intuition

(A/N: I'm a person who vents out through writing. So.. I would especially dedicate this chapter to the loss of my favorite dance crew, MWC and to Manny Pacquiao's loss as well :| )

 Clarisse POV 

Days have been going swell during our preparation for the Science Festival at school. As usual, loaded paperwork, hectic schedules, and worst of all the attack of unwanted pimples. Ugh. As much as I was a hardworking all-nighter, there were those seasons pimples had to come visit. Although as Science Club president, I never regretted nor neglected the responsibilty since I was a "nerd" to begin with. And just because I mention the word "nerd', don't take me for the type who is socially-impaired, obsessive, wears eye glasses and has a goofy character. NO. *insert meme here*. I am a nerd because I loved reading and learning. I am a nerd because I grew up watching Discovery Channel and National Geographic. Most importantly, I consider myself one because I spend inordinate amount of time on my interest: MACHINES. So much for being a girl huh?

So, my adviser Mrs. Yan, recently assigned me on handling the science fair with the theme related to environmental friendly machines. I've been working long hours in front of my computer going over and correcting the participants' proposals. Not to mention, also scarring myself a lot since I was also working on the programming of their machines and redesigning my prototype methane converter.

Staying up late again, I eyed my clock...2 AM... Shit, I mentally cursed complaining over my throbbing headache and the suspense of having pimples by dawn. Yawning from exhaustion, I decided to play some music to put me into slumber. I grabbed my MP3 playing a random song while leaning back on the computer chair. "This I promise you" by N'Sync.....

Double Shit.I quickly removed my earphones tossing them over my scattered notes. What the hell for not deleting that song on my playlist, I thought. I sighed in disbelief that such an unsought song had me remembering him again. Why of all times in this situation, I bemoaned in annoyance, especially when I'm drained. The song was particularly played during our 6th grade Valentine's Day, the time Eli confessed to me. The time he held my hand in a different way. The time he revealed his other self aside from just being a best friend. And yes...the time I stupidly agreed to go out with him.

Brushing off that memory, I tried to get some shut-eye, tucking myself to bed. But not even one wink of sleep got into me. I stared blankly, rolling from side to side. Even if the lights were switched off, I could still see the poster of one my favorite bands pinned on my door, Linkin Park; staring straight at Chester Bennington's eyes, as if looking for an answer. Apparently, duh, Chester can't give me an answer in that form.

And yes, I stayed up all night and morning just lying down and staring bewildered because of the damn song. Suddenly,I heard someone rummaging the fridge. Might be Dad, I assumed, since Pops was always an early bird who usually prepared us breakfast. I decided to wake up, merelyto show him, "Look Dad, it's 5 in the morning and I never got a wink since then." as I imagined myselfcomically while telling him that but I didn't. Upon opening my bedroom door, it was just my brother, looking for something to munch. Pft, I laughed to myself.

"Big Bro, would you please help me sleep since I haven't gotten any at all? Instead of noisily ransacking the fridge." I said in that sweet but sarcastic tone. He just rolled his eyes while getting what he finally wanted to eat from the fridge. "Here." he handed his phone. "Listen to some Coldplay songs, they're good tranquilizers." he grinned while some Mayo was smudged over his mouth. I nodded at his effort to help me sleep but just as I played the song from Coldplay's "Fix you", the lyrics went: