Other Side

"Elijah Davis steals the ball from forward player number 10....  The players are at pressure with each pass of the ball ... 30 seconds ...  he attempts to shoot, but wait, the infamous goal keeper of Aoba High , Ryuji Sato gives us a determined look to stop the ball. Will number number 14 be able to surpass the ball?. ... Moment of silence everyone, Eli remains his eyes on Sato..With a brief pause, he surprisingly aims the ball at the edge risking a shot and - OH! .

.

.

.

.

.

.

The ball touched the net! Another superb shot from Davis of the Young Kubs Team!

.

.

.

...."

Megan POV

"Being a narcissist again eh?" Megan commented, disturbing Eli's concentration on the flat screen.

Eli laughed off at his girlfriend's sarcasm. "It's called 'learning your mistakes' My shot back then against Sato was pure luck." he rolled his eyes, returning his attention to the replay match.

"Come on Eli, you've been watching your moves all day now!" she complained grabbing his arm and pulling him off the sofa. The Young Kubs Team just got busier and busier with their training and now the MVP player wasted no time in improving his playing. This frustrated her, having no time for each other.

"Meg.. not today please." Eli reasoned out, untangling some messy locks of her brunette hair. Megan sighed while resting her head on his chest. Why did I ever decide to answer this jerk again? She giggled at this thought. 

Flashback

Their first meeting was rather a bad one.Scratch that. A  NASTY ONE.It all started when Megan was senseless drunk one night during a friend's party. She wasn't the type who'd drink during occasions; however, she was dared by the school's playboy heartthrob,Jake,  to drink 5 shots of Johnny Walker. Megan never failed to prover herself, especially in front of someone like Jake. She never crushed on him though but she didn't want to look all lame.

*1st gulp*..

The crowd goes on cheering with Megan's attempts to fight off the effects of the booze..

*2nd gulp* ..

The crowd howls louder when they notice Megan wincing. Jake chuckled. "Remember, you're gonna be my slave for one month if you fail at this." he mocked. Now she faces him with fierce eyes upon hearing the word 'slave'. "Over my dead body you jerk." she struggled shaking her head, preparing herself for the next shot.

*3rd gulp*..

Megan punches the table when the alcohol circulated straight to her head but shows no sign of uneasiness. Damn this.. two more...I can do it. She proudly unflips the third shot glass on the table with no drops of rum. The boys cheer louder " MEGAN, MEGAN!..."

*4th gulp* ..

This time she curls her body after taking in the 4th shot. The crowd goes.. "OOhhhhh". Crap..one more.she braced herself with her hands leaning on the table. She bangs the table once again, this time cracking the wooden slab into two. This silences the crowd for a few seconds as some stare at her with jawdrops and puzzled faces.

"woot! Megan Megan!!"

*5th gulp*..

She gently unflips the shot glas in the air , letting gravity break the it into pieces. She murmurs  at Jake. "Kiss my ass."  With that she slowly leaves the party with the crowd still cheering for her. What amazed the crowd was her not being tipsy at all after the challenge. But unbeknownst to them, she had gastrointestinal sensisitivity. Will all that strong alcohol, she fought the urge to barf in the streets. That was fast karma. She thought dizzily. Until her gags were non-stop, she ran to the sidewalk of benches nearby a playing field and finally gave in to her regurgitation.

"Ugh... tsk." she breathed. It was already late and she couldn't even see where she was aiming to hurl at.. Relieved from her throwing up, she suddenly notices something.. Why on earth does my vomit seem to bulging on the floor. Realization hit her when she heard a man's voice from behind say "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY BAG?!".

Closing her eyes tightly, confirming the situation as a dream.. She slowly faces the guy from behind and picks up his bag covered in with her gastric acids and what other fluids from her stomach..

"Sir, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY..." she eyes the man examining his reaction which was not good at all, as expected.  "I will get your stuff in the bag cleaned or replaced ASAP, but PLEASE keep this secret between the two of us.." she begged him...with tears almost running from her cheeks. The man suddenly stares at her..not knowing how to react.  Unexpectedly, he guffaws at the girl's state, not knowing what to say next from all the laughing.

"Okay..I won't ask anymore what happened, but I can tell that you're drunk." he waved his hands.

" I'll keep this a secret as long as you have my stuff  replaced. A towel's the only thing inside it anyway." he assured her while laughing in between.  The man noticed she was wearing the same university jacket to where he goes to school.

Megan landed on her knees, thankful for the guy's consideration sobbed "Thank You..." while tossing the undesirable violated sportbag. Megan somehow trusted him with the tone of his voice.  He smiled and chuckled once again at the girl's silly  predicament for vomiting on his bag.

"You better go home and get changed now." he reminded her as he patted her head like a little sister. He turned to face her once again before leaving, "Ah, the name's Elijah Davis by the way. And don't worry we go to the same school. Good night" he smiled before leaving her there.

Megan, still absent-minded from the one of a kind encounter, continued sitting on the asphalt pavement staring ... She shook her head and finally stood up. And that's how their relationship started..

(A/N : I KNOW IT'S TOO SHORT, but please do bear with me. i_i Been having trouble finding complete time to write. Reviews I welcome as always XD Thanks!)