Her Last Christmas Wish

As I held my breath, on that bitter Christmas Eve, I couldn't believe my eyes as I seen Santa's huge, shiny red sleigh slam against the snow coated shingles of our tiny apartment. The plump old man hurries out of the sleigh with waterfalls pouring out of his eyes. My body starts to tremble as I struggle to open the dusty window of our attic, wondering "why on Earth did Santa show up on Christmas Eve morning?" I pull my body up and out of the one hundred year old window, getting a better look at the most famous old man on the planet. He turns his body around and let's out a sigh of relief when he sees me.
"Sam! I'm so happy I found you. Mrs. Claus is incredibly sick and I don't know how to help her. Since you're the top person on my Nice List, you may be able to cure her with her kind soul. Will you help me?" Santa exclaims as he pants in exhaustion.
"Yes! Of course I will! Let's go right away." I gasp. This is it. This is why Santa came early. He believes that I could save Christmas.
We hop on the red-glazed sleigh and take off into the orange hued sky. I look down to see the ice covered city, with beautiful, multi-coloured lights illuminating the streets. Quickly the colours got fazed out with white, fluffy clouds. The sleigh speeds over the country in a blink of an eye, and as soon as we know it, we arrive at the North Pole.
I have no time to take in the scenery of the famous North Pole before being dragged in a petite cottage, covered in lights and tinsel, by hundreds of elves in matching green and red uniforms. That's when I see her. The legendary Mrs. Claus, in the most humongous bed known to man, with pale, aged skin and looking like she's fighting every breath she takes.
"H-Hello Mrs. Claus, it's me, Sam Winston. You wanted to see me?" I mumble. My hands tremble with anxiety as her exhausted blue eyes peer up at mine.
"Sam, oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're here." She whispers with a lost voice. "I need you to do be the biggest favour in the world." She exclaims. I nod to her in great excitement, while I look around at all of the elves and Santa, who seem as if their Christmas spirit was destroyed. "We are so very behind on our toys, and nobody is in the Christmas mood this year, not even the kids. Since you are the most trusted kid in the North Pole, please try to help us save Christmas." She explains. My heart sinks, but I'm very determined to help.
"I will do my best." i state.
Off we go, playing every Christmas song known to man, baking cookies, and painting the last of the toys. Everybody seems to slowly get back in the Christmas spirit, humming to the classic holiday tunes. All of sudden, Santa bursts into the room, with a tear stained face. The room goes dead silent. Santa chokes out, "She's gone."
The entire room explodes into screaming sobs and whales, holding each other as they collapse on the floor. We have no time for this. It's Christmas Eve and children are waiting.
I stand on a mini stool and clap to get everyone's attention. "We can't just sit here and sob right now. Mrs. Claus's wish was to save Christmas. We must pick ourselves up and grant her one last wish." I shout in determination. Slowly but surely, everyone stands up, and gets back to work, not saying a word. Tears are still falling, but all of the elves are still just as productive. After hours of hard work, we are finally able to place all of the toys on the sleigh. Santa is still in shock, but pulling it together as the reindeer get tied onto the sleigh. Within minutes, Santa is gone, doing the most important trip of his lifetime.

...

After hour of anxiously waiting, Santa finally returns with an empty sleigh. He steps his overweight body out of the aircraft. He takes a long, deep breath and whispers, "It went perfectly. All of the children are pleased. We saved Christmas." Everyone in the room cheers and cries tears of joy. We did it. Every child on Earth has a very Merry Christmas despite the loss of beloved Mrs. Claus. Santa approaches me and places my frozen hands in his.
"Thank you for saving Christmas Sam. I couldn't of done it without you." he sadly smiles. I give him a huge hug, then we hop on the sleigh for the last time of the year. We slowly take off, waving to the hundreds of elves, and take off into the snow filled clouds.