Cremation

"Just hang in there kid!" Daigo had been stretched out by the paramedics.

"Daigo... I'm sorry!" Valt had tears running down his face.

"Huh, poor Valt. Trying to take the blame for what he did. Well, take him away." They put him in the ambulance truck.

"I'm so sorry! DAIGO!! I'M SO SORRY!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE SCARED OF YOU!!!" Valt screamed tearfully.

Shu put his hand on Valt's shoulder. "Valt, you don't have to lie." He whispered to his ear: "Because we don't trust anyone."

Valt watched helplessly as the truck speeds off with Daigo inside with a siren. The next day, Chiharu pulled into the driveway, seeing Valt's face and knowing something was wrong.

"Valt, are you okay? What is it?"

Valt couldn't answer. His vocal cords were strained from crying. Instead, Bekka walked his mother inside to break the bad news to her as Valt wept in the driveway. After an hour or so Valt walked back in to the house, seeing that his friends were both shocked, sad, and disappointed. He couldn't look at them. He couldn't see how they thought of Daigo when it was his fault. He just went to sleep, trying to get the whole thing off his mind. Five days went by, with no word from Daigo at the hospital. No friends to hang out with, except Shu, who was comforting Valt. Nothing but sadness and guilt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is until Saturday night, when Shu is woke up by Valt, with a happy, sunshiny face.

"Hey Shu, tonight is the night!" Valt said as he jumped up and down and landed on the bed.

"What's tonight?" Shu asked as he stired awake.

"Well, it's Zac's glowing light party." Valt sat on Shu's hips to face him.

He was now fully awake.

"Valt, you're kidding me, right? You don't expect me to go to Zac's party after..." There was a long pause. Shu and Valt stared at each other in those eyes.

Shu sat up and sighed. "Look, we both know what happened, but I think this party could be the thing that brightens up the past days."

Valt stayed silent for a second, the grinned. "Okay, let's get dressed." Valt walked out of the room and downstairs to get himself ready.

Shu fought himself to get up. He picked out a random shirt and pair of jeans and walked down stairs. He saw his friends all lightened up; Valt, Unmei and Diran are wearing glowing cat ears, Rantaro, Rotto and Antonio are holding their lightsabers, Wakiya and Isan are wearing glowing shutter shades and Kamiyu had a glowing flower crown on her head. He thought, why they would ever use such glowing stuff to the party? Then he looked at Valt with a cat ears. He looks way too adorable though.

"Is that all your going to wear?" Wakiya blurted out a laugh.

"Better than wearing too much." Rantaro said.

Shu pushed down the feeling to yell at them and hid it with a embarrassed smile.

"Look, we may be living in the glow, but this is how you go if you want to make an impression." Rotto said. 

Shu sighed and went back up to Valt's room. 

"Unless you got any fancy clothes!" he yelled down stairs.