Extermination

The only thing they could hear was the beating of their own hearts. There was a knock at the door and their hearts were getting louder! Another knock and their hearts were getting louder! Again, another knock and their hearts were getting louder! 

"Wait here." Shu stood up and walked out the bedroom, but Valt pulled his wrist, because he doesn't want to be left alone.

"I wanna go with you. But If you decided not to go, I'm staying right here." Valt said in a fearful voice. It was hard for Shu to look his blue haired friend's face, his chocolate eyes filled with desperation and sorrow.

"OK then. Just hold on and try not to make a sound." Shu whispered. Valt stood up, holding Shu's arm. The Spryzen blader wanted to keep the Valtryek blader safe, hoping this nightmare would be over soon or later.

Shu unlocked the bedroom door, his chest was getting tighter as he took a deep breath; the fear was growing more intense as he didn't know who it was outside the door. They walked slowly to the front door, dragging their feet as they got closer and closer.

Drawing the door open slowly, they were relieved to see Reo. "Hey Reo, is everything alright?"

"No, Valt, it's not! Diran wasn't home this morning. He always tells me when he's going out. Even his bey Dawon is gone!" he frantically whined.

"Calm down, why don't you come inside and tell us what happened?" Shu asked.

"No, there's no time! What if something bad happened? She acts so immature for her age, so naive. Something terrible could happen!"

"Reo, relax." Valt commanded, his eye twitching. "And don't worry, I'll leave to get the elements looking for her. You can stay here and relax."

"Okay," he whimpered. "But, what if he went into the forest looking for ducks again?"

"He'll be fine, come in."

The three bladers went to the dining room table and sat down to eat dinner. Each began to work on their meal. Reo was in a hurry to finish and find Diran, cleaning his plate before Valt and Shu were halfway done.

"How was the meal Reo?" Valt asked.

"Delicious," he yawned. "I must not have got enough sleep," he added.

"Oh, well feel free to lie down if you'd like."

"No, I want to go find Diran," he objected.

"And I told you, I'll handle it." Valt's eye twitched again.

"Are you alright, Valt?"

"I'm fine!"

"Why is he always so hard?" Valt whispered to Shu.

"He doesn't get this right," Shu replied, hissing. 

"Look, I brought you here to have dinner, just us three friends. All you seem to care about is Diran."

"Uh, no offense, but this is the first time you have ever invited me over, Shu. We're going to find Diran."

"O-OK. Let's go look for him." Valt agreed.

Valt and Reo stood up and started to walk towards the door. His legs went limp and he quickly stumbled, hitting the counter and falling to the ground.

"Hehe, That makes this so much easier," Shu chuckled. "You see, I need to head over to your house and plant some evidence before the gas line explodes."