*Capitolo Cinquenta

...
***
THIRD PERSON POV
BERLIN, GERMANY

One year before the Moirs started to rise again...

In a secret underground facility, everything seems normal. Everyone who are working there are doing their usual routines.

All of them are closely monitoring, at the same time, studying and discussing different solutions to the one that resides inside the most secured room of the facility.

Meanwhile, inside that sacred room where a lot of different machines can be seen and beepings can be heard, at the center lie a rectangular metal cube covered with glass. Inside it is a pale woman, who only seems to be sleeping. She been there for the longest time, preserved and trying to be awaken.

Everyone thought that day will be the same as the previous one but they are wrong. Because before the day can finally end, all the life supports of the woman started to beeped in crazy ways. Her heart beats and blood pressures, all vital signs, start dropping then sky rocketing and then dropping again.

Upon hearing the red alarms, even though everyone is frantic, they immediately went to their procedure posts and calmly as possible stabilize the one holding their lives.

Some were drawing bloods, starting IVs, monitoring the womans vital signs, and administering medications.

"Her heart beats' fastly dropping!"

"Increase the oxygen!"

Then her lifeline flattened.

"Defibrillator!"

"Clear!"

"Sh*t! She cannot die!" Shouted one of the doctors as he keep on reviving the patients.

They did it for a multiple times but the  woman still not responding. The machines already go silence and the only thing that can be heard were the flatline sound and the doctors panicked voices.

"F*ck! She's dead!"

"T-This can't be happening"

May ilang di pa rin sumusuko at pilit na binubuhay ito ngunit wala pa rin nagbago. She's still dead.

Realizing this, a chaotic argument broke out.

"That is enough!" An old man shouted making everyone stopped. He is Dr. Redmond, the head of this mission. "Just just clean everything." He said in a resigned manner. Also a great stressed can be fully see on his face.

"That's it?!" A man ridiculously said and this lead to another arguments.

While everyone is busy fighting verbally, for some miraculous reason the woman's heart started to beat again.

Mabilis na napahinto ang lahat when the flatline sound on the heart monitor turned to a silent beat until it become stonger.
Everyone was shocked to see this.

"S-She's alive!" Nanlalaking bulalas ng isang lalaki na pinakamalapit sa babae.

Kasabay ng paglipat ng tingin ng lahat ng nanduduon sa babae ay sya namang pagmulat ng mga mata nito.

***

Meanwhile in Covington Manor, Paine's father, Rowan Kyd Covington, is currently studying some papers nang biglang tumunog ang telepono nito.

Habang hindi tinatanggal ang mga mata nito sa binabasa ay sinagot nito ang tawag.

"Sir, s-she finally awake!" bungad kagad ng tauhan nito sa kabilang linya.