9. Mirrors

I don't know how long I stare at his text.

I finally release a breath that I'd been unable to exhale. "What do you mean?" I text back.

It's a few more agonizing minutes before Jungkook, if this is truly Jungkook, replies.

"When we first met, you said that you saw a different reality. A reality where I'm in a band called BTS, right?"

It really is Jungkook. He remembers me blabbing out the crazy truth.

"That's right. And how do you even know my number??" I add with a double question mark to make my point.

"I memorized it when you told Kim Taehyung-ssi."

If only I could have that type of memory when it came to World History.

"OK, now explain to me about your revelation." If I was talking to Jungkook in person, I think I'd probably be grabbing the collar of his shirt and shaking it, demanding the answer. I'm so confused on what's happening here. Does Jungkook really believe me? Is it a joke? Is this a dream?

"I came home with a head ache, as you know, and it was like I had lost a memory. Or part of a memory. This type of feeling occured to me twice today. With both Kim Seokjin-ssi, and then Kim Taehyung-ssi." Jungkook writes back. "I still can't remember what really happened. But during the headache, I saw two different memories. They're really faded though, kinda like photos put in the sun too long. I have one memory of Kim Seokjin, sitting on a bed and talking. There's also one memory of Kim Taehyung, singing. And I mean, really singing, and dancing in front of me and I think there were others around me."

My heart is racing in my chest.

"Did you really see those memories??" My fingers fly over the keyboard.

"They seem more like a dream than real, honestly." There's a pause. "What's going on, Nari? This can't be real, right?"

I am at loss for a bit. I don't know exactly how to respond.

"It's real." I finally text back.

"Explain to me this different reality you see."

I can almost imagine the troublesome tone in Jungkook's voice.

"I'm from the other reality." I begin to explain.

"In the reality that I come from, you are among the seven-member boy band called Bangtan Sonyeondan, or BTS. The other members are : Kim Namjoon, also known as RM who's the leader of the group; Kim Seokjin, who is just commonly known as Jin; Min Yoongi, goes by Agust D or Suga; Jung Hoseok, named himself J-hope or Hobi since he is the 'hope of BTS'; Park Jimin, you and the other members would sometimes tease him because he's shorter than the rest of you; Kim Taehyung, he's known simply as V; and you, Jeon Jungkook, whom everyone calls 'the Golden Maknae' since you can do basically anything."

I send the text and pause so Jungkook can read and begin to process.

"Go on." Is all he texts back.

"All of you are idols, and recently, at least in my reality, being referred to as the most popular boy band of the world. The night before everything changed, BTS had won MAMA's Qoo10 Artist of the Year. A little before the MAMA award, you guys had been in America where you won Billboard's Top Social Artist of the Year as well as performing at the American Music Awards. You guys in the other reality have millions of global fans calling themselves ARMY. You guys are labelled the top 25 most influential people on the internet too."