Chapter 15 Forgiveness

The next few days were rather unwell for some. 

Flowey and Chara were able to pull through with their plan and the life of Monsters on the Surface was saved. It went anonymous towards the AMD but the ones who heard their confessions kept it secret. The Six Human Souls also recovered. Luckily, Chiwin wasn't traumatized the same way with Sans than with Asgore.

Still, the demon and flower were feeling guilty about the skeleton. Yes, he tried to kill one of them, and had been planning for it since they arrived. Yes, he hates him to no end and won't trust them. But they don't hate him back for what he did. When they heard how he was holding up, they immediately got worried. They didn't want him to be locked up sulking because of them for the rest of his life, they wanted to help him.

So, one day, Frisk visited the Skele-bros, bringing Chara and Flowey along with her. Of course Sans didn't appear. Chara and Flowey only played along with Frisk and Papyrus with the rehabilitation. At one point, they were watching TV. Soon enough, the human and younger skeleton fell asleep, but the demon and flower didn't.

"Quietly, Chara" Flowey whispered while she got her head off Frisk's shoulder and gently removed her hand. As much as she wanted to stay, she had work to do. Once she was free, she picked Flowey up and quietly made their way upstairs. It wasn't hard to spot the older skeleton's room.

"You ready?" Flowey asked.

"I was born ready"

Flowey nodded before Chara reached a hand for the door. She then stopped suddenly.

"Having second thoughts?" Flowey asked.

"No, I just want to try something" she then spoke. "Knock, knock"

"Go away" a small voice came from the other side.

"Knock, knock"

There was a sigh heard. "Who's there?"

"Heather"

"Heather who?"

"All in the dumps and feeling under the w'heather'"

A light chuckle was heard from inside. "And here I thought you hated my puns"

Chara smiled now that she got an answer. "Can I come in? I wanna talk"

"Depends, do you have your knife?"

"Nope, just Flowey, and a ketchup bottle"

There was silence for a minute before he spoke up. "Come on in"

"Genius" Flowey mused while the demon opened the door.

Chara opened the door and saw him sitting on his bed, obviously miserable. Still, he had a forced smile on his face. The demon walked over to him, setting Flowey down on her lap while sitting beside him.

"We brought ketchup" the flower waved a bottle.

He looked at it suspiciously.

"We didn't poison it or anything, if that's what you're thinking"

The skeleton sighed before taking the bottle and taking a swig of the contents. After he had his drink, the demon spoke up again.

"We just want to talk" her voice pitiful.

"Talk about what?"

Flowey sighed. "Look, it's time we put our differences aside"

Sans sighed, looking down, though a small droplet was visible on his eyesocket. Chara sighed before she put a hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him. Flowey handed a box of tissues.