Part title

Prologue

Queen Aurelia remained in her meditation state even when she could hear the screams of her own people and the war horns blazing, commands from her husband to the soldiers to remain calm. She and her husband both knew that even with a steady mind you cannot win wars like this, wars with touch of death even her own powers cannot hope to reprehend, and it pains for her that the only thing she could do is sit still and focus her senses to track the darkness.

Before the darkness finds her.

Aurelia doesn't know what is this darkness, only that it has power to break her wards, which none have done in history of life itself. If her power could destroy worlds, then this darkness could destroy universes and galaxies.

It did not take her long but a few minutes to find the darkness. When she used her sight to observe the battlefield, she saw her fool of a husband challenging the Vaughan leader. Knowing that her husband will kill himself, Aurelia transferred herself to her husband's side, and there she saw the darkness.

It was a staff, coated in some dark ink that swirls around the material which holds the gem, even from a distance she could feel the death the gem promised by looking at it.

Then the Vaughan king smiled.

And her husband vanished beside her.

An illusion. No. "It can't be, it can't be, it can't be" Aurelia chanted in her mind, disbelief showing in her face. It can't be, because she could sense life. It can't be, because she could sense her husband's light as she transferred to him. It can't be, because she should be able to feel her
real husband's light no matter how far he is , and yet she couldn't.

She couldn't.

And with that second everything was happening, her husband screaming at her to get out of the way, soldiers charging to protect their queen. For the first time in her long life, Aurelia felt death, and she knew that this time she won't be able to escape the jaws of death. With her life flashing in her eyes she did one final thing.

She transferred right in front of her daughter.

Her sweet little one, only a few decades old already commanding her own troops, fighting with her twin blades covered in Vaughan blood, it pains Aurelia to see her like this, when even in war a princess must fulfill her duties with words and blades.

When she appeared in front of Arietta, her daughter almost slashed her mother in half only to calm down when she sees her mother's face. Aurelia took one last look at her daughter's face and kissed her upon the brow giving her daughter the power of worlds.

Before the world turned to ash.