He's Home

I bit my lip slowly as I looked at the awesome collection of matching underwear in front of me. Yes I was naked, and yes I like to wear matching underwear. I stood stark naked my hands folded over my bare chest still figuring out which underwear I feel like wearing.

Beads of water ran down my warm body as I just got out of the shower on this warm Saturday night. I exhale and hunch, releasing my arms so they dangled lifelessly. I stomped and groaned, why do I even own so many pairs?

Zebra stripes, cheetah spots, sparkly, lacy, velvet or satin. Christ, I was so indecisive that its beginning to affect my daily life.

I frown chewing down on the steel lip ring which was always mildly entertaining. “You know what. Fuck you, I won’t wear any of you.” I throw my hands in the air and pull my oversized and faded titanic t-shirt. It was my thing to sleep in, but normally would be acquainted with a lovely matching pair of underwear.

“Fuck you all, thought you could play me? Nuh-uh.” I slap my chest and jump as someone unfamiliar clears their throat behind me. I turn, morbidly embarrassed even if it was just my Boyfriend Austin. I can’t believe that actually happened. My cheeks flushed a deep shade of red and I felt the tips of my ears heat up too as I stood there looking at Austin wishing that, that never happened.

“Were you.. trash talking your underwear?” His right eyebrow was perched high, and his questioning tone held a little humor in it although his mouth was still open as he trailed off.  “Again..?” he finishes. His hands were in his pockets and he leant on the doors arch.

I clear my throat scratching the back of my neck, “eyyy look who’s home!” I change subject and pull him into a hug kissing both his cheeks, which was in need of a shave. He chuckled deeply and pulled away, “Avoiding the subject huh? Don’t worry I’ll get you later.” He pokes my side and I squeal jolting sideways.

I jump up and wrap my arms around his neck nuzzling my face into his chest. “I thought you’d be home in two days!” I say looking up into his ecstatic brown eyes.  He had a lopsided grin as his huge clammy hands rested on my waist.

“Yeah, I thought I’d surprise you!” he grins leaning down and pecking me on the lips. I glance over at the clock, “oh shit, its 8, you want some home-cooked fresh dinner?” I grin, my neck beginning to ache from looking up.

“Yes! Your lasagna is kick ass babe, but hold on.” He spins me around so my backs against his chest and he pulls out his phone. “Smile babe.” He kiss the top of my head as I smile and he takes a picture. “Instagram?” I ask although it wasn’t really necessary. He instagrams fucking..everything

“You know it.” He grins and I roll my eyes making my way downstairs to the kitchen. I grinned happily, even after 5 months he still remembered Saturdays were lasagna night. The tiles were cool on my feet and I was glad that I didn’t even have to bother about dinner tonight. I had already started making a lasagna so I just need to finish it and put it in the oven.

I dart around the silent kitchen, putting everything I need on the bench, it was fairly easy until I had to retrieve the dreaded seasoning powder.

Our kitchen was long yet narrow and had cupboards everywhere, some high, some low, on the left hand side of the kitchen with the rows upon rows of cupboards was the food, refrigerator, the stove and oven. Sadly the seasoning powder is with the herbs and spices in the furthest cupboard from the ground, and I wasn’t particularly tall, this house was literally built for Austin which is why everything is so damn high up.

I reach up, squirming and wriggling my fingers just enough to open the cupboard door. I sigh and huff already out of breath, silently wishing I didn’t miss that part in puberty where you grew. I jump up barely scraping the glassy side of the seasoning jar, it moves about a quarter of an inch.