chapter nine

• • •
Mackenzie Ziegler
December 20th, 2017
• • •

So Lauren has been ignoring me since Thursday. When she found Johnny and I together, me in his bed. Awkward? Very. Today was a new week, well half week. I only go to school Monday and Tuesday and then Christmas. Yay. I stretch in my bed, wiggle my toes, clench my fists, and of course yawn until I get up out of bed.

I somehow make my way to my dresser, I was up until 2 last night. I know what your thinking, what the fuck could this girl have been doing until 2? Watching Grey's Anatomy and texting Johnny. Oops.

But I do however get dressed, I put light makeup on. I put my hair into a messy bun. As for clothes I'm wearing ripped jeans, this week is the only week we don't have to wear uniforms. I have a cute tee shirt on that says coffee please. I put on my moccasins and cute socks on too.

After finally getting ready I get downstairs and grab a granola bar. And sit on the couch looking through my phone. I go on to Instagram and notice John posted a new picture. I scrolled down until I found it, when I noticed it had me in it. I forgot about this picture. The caption said;

kinda a good thing our teacher paired us up together ;)

I liked the picture and commented "me too".

It was about time to walk to the bus stop when I remembered Lauren and Johnny were moving onto my street. Is lauren going on the bus today, I hope so.

"Maddie hurry up, I'm leaving!" I yelled. And you heard her running down the stairs, trying not to fall.

"I'm here" she smiled at me.

We started walking to the stop and we didn't talk. It was awkward, until she broke the silence.

"Hey, so you never told me where you went Thursday"

Shit.Shit.Shit.

"I— Uh worked on the project for math with Johnny" I managed to get out.

"Johnny Orlando!" She stopped dead in her tracks.
I continued walking and shook my head up and down.

"He's not a good kid Kenz, you shouldn't hang out with him"

"He's is though. You don't know him!" I tried telling her.

"If mom find out your dead"

"That's impossible, she wont"

She just plugged in her ear phones and blasted her music. We got to the bus stop and waited. The bus finally arrived and I looked around to see if Lauren was coming. She wasn't. I got on the bus and saw her. Lauren!
I went and sat to the seat next to her. Johnny was sitting in back of me.

"Look Lauren—"
She cut me off.
"Listen Kenz, I get it. You lost your keys"

"Yes exactly!" I told her.

"Whatever, I missed you though. We haven't talked in a while four days!" She laughed. I looked at john as he smirked.

It's weird though. I still don't know what Johnny and I are. Are we just friends? Are we really close friends? What friends stay up until 2 in the morning texting each other. And before you ask what we talked about, we talked about everything.

We talked bout our fears, our dreams, hopes, worries, family, friends. I learned so much about him and when we're at school he acts completely different.

"What do you have first period" lauren asked me.

"Algebra II. Great" I said. She laughed, Johnny just looked at me and rolled his eyes. This is gonna be a great day.

• • •

"Johnny. We have to finish the packet first"
He looked at me like I was crazy, like I was different or something.

"Do we have too" he looked at me with his cute pretty green eyes.

"Yes" I teased. He rolled his eyes and went back to the work.

We were casually working when we heard our principal go over the announcements.

"Mackenzie Ziegler and Madison Ziegler to the principals office"

"Ooo" was all I heard before walking to the office. What could I have done? I never do anything wrong.

I make my way to the office and see the principal on the phone.

"Mackenzie and Maddie I have terrible news."

It was awkward silence for a good thirsty seconds. The principal was on the phone talking to people and Maddie and I just looked at each other.

"Well what's the terrible news?" Maddie asked him, I waved my hands towards him signaling to say it.

But as soon as he said it I immediately wanted him to take it back.

"NO. No, no no!" I screamed. Tears filled my eyes and Maddie started crying into her hands.

"It can't be!" Maddie screamed.

This was when the principal told me, our mother and father were in a car accident.

They didn't make it.

• • •
end of chapter

oh no.
oh no.
what's gonna happen now!

25 votes and 20 comments for more!! & love you sm thank you guys!

unedited