A Friend Rendezvous.

Atop a building a brown haired young boy stood with a blue bird on his shoulder

Atop a building a brown haired young boy stood with a blue bird on his shoulder. Brown eyes scanned the city below him. He grinned with out stretched arms. He felt as if he was on top of the world. Wind blew through his short hair he looked over at his feathered companion. The boy's name is Shojin Fujito.

Shojin: Are you ready, Jeed?

The blue bird, Jeed, cooed devoid of any enthusiasm. The animal had a red stone in the middle of its chest. This lively bird seemed to understand him. The youth tilted his head at him with a reassuring smile. It seemed as if he somewhat understood the bird as well.

Shojin: Oh come on, buddy! We have to practice if we ever wanna get better. Besides, we'll still be on time to meet with everyone! Alright?

Shojin's puppy dog eyes were hard to win against. With a few more seconds of Shojin's pleading Jeed flew off his shoulder and onto the ledge. A short moment passes before a whirlwind engulfs the bird. When the whirlwind dissipates, Jeed grew three times his original size, big enough for a couple people to ride him.

Shojin claps his hands and grins wide before jumping on the back of his friend. He rubs Jeed's head.

Shojin: Alright, let's fly buddy!

▸ ▸ ▸

Kaylee Ardor, blue eyed female with blue eyes to match was outside the front door of a house with a blonde haired male, Cass Hayato

Kaylee Ardor, blue eyed female with blue eyes to match was outside the front door of a house with a blonde haired male, Cass Hayato. He looked concerned talking with her while a slightly annoyed expression was on her face as she kept checking her watch with each response she gave. A younger friend of Kaylee's was at the end of the steps of the porch watching them.

Cass: You have your phone, right?

Kaylee: Yeah, bro!

Cass: And you'll call me if there's any trouble?

Kaylee: Yes!

Cass: And-

His worrying came to a halt when she turned around to face him.

Kaylee: Cass. I'll be fine, I'm just going to a festival and you'll only be gone for three days. I'll see you soon, alright?

Cass (Dejectedly): Alright, alright... Be careful.

Kaylee (Reassuringly): Don't worry.

The younger friend, Seria Okumura, grinned at the conversation finally ending. The young girl had dark brown hair, wild blue eyes and a smile filled with joy. She gave the young man a wave to bid him farewell as Kaylee ran down the steps.

Seria: See ya later, Cass! Let's go, Kay.

Kaylee: Yeah. Bye bro!

The two girls left the house and Cass shuts the door. They walk down the street to the summer festival to meet up with the rest their of friends. As they pass time with small talk they quickly make their way closer to the heart of the city.

Kaylee: So! How are those two troublesome brothers doing?

Seria: Well, the last time I saw them they were doing good! I've been travelling a lot recently, so I actually haven't been able to see them much...

Kaylee: I see... Well, at least everyone had a day off for today! I-

The sudden violent shaking of the earth beneath them caused the girls to stop in their tracks. After a few seconds the quaking stopped, leaving the girls and the civilians around them perplexed. Seria held onto Kaylee's hand to keep her balance.

Seria: Uh... Was that an earthquake?

Kaylee: Yeah. Weird. Earthquakes never happen here.

The two stared at each other with equally puzzled looks. Just as Seria was going speak something else caught their attention. Screams of people down the road could be heard and followed by that was a loud crash. Their curiosity got the best of them and they immediately rushed over to the scene.

▸ ▸ ▸  

  There were several people crowding around something

There were several people crowding around something. Upon closer inspection there seemed to be a three dazed people piled up on top of large blue bird. There was a blonde teen and a black haired teen along with Shojin and Jeed all stacked up against a now damaged dumpster.

The blonde was named Shieimi Moriyama. She blinked her green eyes while rubbing the back of her head. Stella Edgeworth, the black haired teen, rubbed her neck as she stared at Shojin, not particularly sure if she wanted be happy, irritated, or both.

Stella: Thanks for crashing right into us, Sho.

Shojin: Sorry, sorry! I just saw you two and-- I swear I had it under control! Are you two okay?

Shiemi: Everything is spinning...

Kaylee and Seria pushed their way through the crowd which was slowly dissipating until they saw the familiar faces of their friends. Stella pulled up both Shojin and Shiemi when she felt a small figure hug her from the back.

Stella: Whoa! Oh! Seria?

Seria: Stella!

Shiemi: Seria! Kaylee!

Shiemi excitedly runs to hug her friends despite her slightly dazed state. The gang take turns hugging one another. The crowd of people had already left, muttering something about "not exciting" or something to that effect.

Stella: Didn't expect to see you guys so soon!

Kaylee: I didn't expect to see you guys like... This.

Kaylee gestures to the dinged up dumpster and the larger than life sized Jeed. The bird was suddenly engulfed in a whirlwind and just like that he was his smaller self, flying up onto Shojin's shoulder.

Kaylee: By the way, did you guys happen to, you know, feel that earthquake earlier?

Shojin: There was an earthquake?

Stella: Yeah, right before you and Jeed tackled us.

Shojin laughs nervously while twiddling his thumbs. Jeed seemed to be giving him an "I told you so" look. Stella rested her arm on the top of his head.

Stella: Anyway. It was a bit... Unexpected. It may have been nothing but guess we could figure out what happened after we meet up with everyone at the festival.

Seria: Yeah, yeah! Let's go, let's go!

Kaylee: Sounds like a plan to me.

Shojin: We could get there quicker if we take Jeed! How about it?

Shiemi: I'd love to-

Kaylee, Seria, & Stella: Hell no.