Prologue: Visions of an End

Arles sat at the edge of a bench with white breathes escaping his lips

Arles sat at the edge of a bench with white breathes escaping his lips. He stared at the ground in some sort of trance. People were strolling along on the sidewalk, giving him glances every now and again but he didn't react. His nose was reddened by the cold but his eyes remained bleak and empty.

Something was being said to him, shown to him, pushed upon him.

Ending worlds.

Collision and destruction.

Pain, monsters, wars.

A chosen one.

There was just so much happening all at once.

Though unseen, his mind was racing at the knowledge being poured into him.

Suddenly he felt himself being pulled away from the dream and be brought back into reality. Arles clutched his heart over his beating chest as he breathed ragged breaths. He felt even more eyes on him. He tried to steady his breathing. A hand from behind grabbed him by the shoulder. He jolted up and slowly turned around.

Man: You okay?

Arles: Y- Yeah, yeah... Thanks.

The man nodded. Unconvinced but he walked off. Arles sighed while rubbing his forehead. It kept happening. Always leaving him breathless. Disturbed. 

Afraid.

Arles: Another vision... Am I going crazy?

He groaned and messed up his own hair in distress.

He was sure he was just tired.

Visions of chaos and destruction.

Sure, just tired.