Chapter Four

Okay, I wanted to give back to my readers. Something light, fluffy and filled with some citrusy good times (and some drama). I posted something in my Facebook group: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and I got some great ideas. Clo came up with an idea that really captured my attention and I think I can finish it in five chapters. So, thank you to everyone who helped me brainstorm or offered me ideas. If I get a chance, I'll work on writing those, too, but they would lend themselves to a longer story. I wanted something short and sweet.

Now, none of this is mine. It never will be ... I just like to play in the world that Stephenie Meyer created with Edward and Bella. I want an Edward. Just saying ... Also, thank you to Angel for the information about the debt forgiveness regarding the deceased. She opened my eyes in a conversation we'd had on Friday on FB. You rock, girlie.

We're going to have one more chapter after this, wrapping up the drama with Jasper and having Edward and Bella go back to Chicago. Will she try to convince him to stay or will she move back to her home town?

Chapter Four

BPOV

Edward was fidgeting. He was dressed in a pair of black pants, a button-down and a sweater. I'd woken up early and went to a nearby store to pick up some clothes for him, not cast-offs from my father's closet. Plus, Edward was taller than Charlie and the pants would be floods on him, as well as slightly big in the waist, too. "I'll pay you back, Bella," he said.

"I know," I replied, putting on my earrings and slipping in my shoes. "But, for now, just enjoy this time off."

"I need to go to the police department tomorrow," Edward murmured. "Jasper is being held and I need to decide if I want to press charges."

"You know my thoughts," I scowled.

"I do know that, beautiful," he chuckled, grimacing as his ribs gave a tweak. "But, I also know that Jasper is an expectant father. He may be an asshole, but he deserves to know his child." He walked over to me, taking my hands. His palms were rough from his work, but his gesture was so sweet, gentle. "The police are checking to see if Jasper made that call. I remember him speaking on his cell phone, but I had a concussion. I still have a concussion."

"Do you need your pain pills?" I asked, my heart stammering.

"I'm fine, Bella," he said, pulling me into his arms. I slid my hands around his waist, pressing my ear to his chest. I listened to his steady heartbeat and allowed his masculine, clean scent calm me. "Now, let's head to your parents' place. Dinner is waiting."

I nodded and squeezed his waist gingerly. I looked up at him, smiling up at him. His face was clean-shaven, but his bruises on his face were on display. I traced his jaw and he smiled crookedly, bending his head and brushing his lips against mine. He sighed, holding me closer to his body. I melted into his embrace. He chuckled quietly, pulling back and staring at me. "You have no idea how much I love being able to do that when I want," he said, his green eyes sparkling along with lights in the guest house. He leaned his head forward, pressing his forehead to mine. "I can do that, right?"

"Any time you want, baby," I smiled. My phone rang and I pulled away, seeing the land line of the house dancing across my screen. I answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Are you coming?" Mom asked, her voice excited.

"We're on our way, Mom," I said. "Be there in a bit." I ended the call and squeezed his hand. "Ready?"

"No," he snorted, shooting a dubious glance to the house. "I know your mom likes me, but your dad? He's so much like Jasper ..."

"My dad is an asshole, but ..." I trailed off. "He's an asshole. Hopefully, he'll be on his best behavior since it was my mom's idea to have you over. His days with her are numbered and he refuses to leave her side." Edward squeezed my hand, giving me an understanding smile. He reached for my coat and slid it over my shoulders, while he put on the new leather jacket I'd gotten for him. He offered me his arm, despite being injured, bruised and a bit clumsy, making our way to the house.