Chapter Five

Okay, I wanted to give back to my readers. Something light, fluffy and filled with some citrusy good times (and some drama). I posted something in my Facebook group: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and I got some great ideas. Clo came up with an idea that really captured my attention and I think I can finish it in five chapters. So, thank you to everyone who helped me brainstorm or offered me ideas. If I get a chance, I'll work on writing those, too, but they would lend themselves to a longer story. I wanted something short and sweet.

So, originally, I wanted this to be five chapters, but I'm thinking it will be probably six. The next chapter will be the last real chapter (which will post on Christmas Eve) with the epilogue posting on Christmas Day. I'm warning you, the next chapter will come with a tissue warning.

Chapter Five

EPOV

I shrugged out of my coat and walked around the condo. It was everything Bella, wrapped up in a 2200 square foot condo. However, I also saw evidence of her loneliness. She had a lot of books and very few photos around the place, save for a picture of her family on her nightstand. There was a phone on the nightstand, as well. It was blinking with a new message. I shook my head, knowing that she had had a life prior to coming back home. Bella came back into her bedroom and pressed the button to the answering machine. "Hey, Isabella, it's Jake ..." She punched erase button quickly.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, trying to be casual, but my heart was stammering in my chest at the implications of Jake.

"More like fuck buddy," she blushed. "I was supposed to go his company's New Year's Eve party tonight, but that isn't happening." She sat down, twisting her watch anxiously. "I ... I never had relationships with men, Edward. It was always sex. I didn't want to get attached. I didn't want to be cast aside, like ..."

"Like how I acted in high school," I frowned. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," she said, her eyes shooting up to mine. "I know that now." She patted her bed and I sat down next to her. She took my hand, leaning her cheek against my shoulder. "We have a long way to go ... I want this. I want us."

"Me, too, beautiful," I said. "But, your life is here."

"Is it?" she questioned. "I lived here. I did my job. I worked hard, but I only existed. I think you were in the same boat."

"I think we shouldn't be making any decisions. Not tonight. Not until ... well, you need focus on your mom and being with her. We're here tonight and I'm not giving this up, giving us up without a fight, Bella," I said. "But, can you fall for a guy who works with his hands? I'll come home, covered in grease."

"I don't care," she said. "I like that you work with your hands. They're rough and they remind me that you're all man. You're a hard worker and you know so much." She looked at me, her eyes twinkling and her lips wet. "Make love to me, Edward. Make me yours. I only ever wanted to be yours."

She slid her fingers up my shirt and moved closer to me. I was still stiff and sore, but I wanted her. I needed her. Stopping her hands, I stared at her and felt my heart stammer against my ribs. I kissed her, barely brushing my lips against hers. "Edward," she breathed. "Stop teasing me."

"I'm not teasing you, love," I purred. "I'm worshipping you." I stood us up and slid my hands underneath her bulky sweater. I moved her sweater up and over her head. She wore a lacy camisole that was so sheer I could see her bare breasts through the cream-colored fabric. "You're so beautiful, Bella." I kissed her lips, moving mouth down her neck and massaging her back.