3. Beware the Shirtless Boys

"Wow, these cherry blossoms really are beautiful," says one of Daichi's guests. "It's a shame they're here for such a short time."

"You are absolutely right, mademoiselle," Kyoya says. He takes a branch in his hand, and it draws in the attention of the girls. "All beauty is fleeting. Yes, you'll never be able to see them this vibrant again. And that's why I've compiled this picture book that contains photos that capture the beauty of each passing day. Incidentally, I've prepared similar books of the other hosts as well. And if you ladies are interested in collecting all four of them, I'll discount the full set for you."

"I'll take them!"

"Me too, please!"

Just then Daichi walks over and taps Kyoya on the shoulder. His tie has come undone. Kyoya sighs, setting his wonderful picture books down. "Really now, Daichi. I know I tied this perfectly just this morning. How'd you manage to undo it?"

Daichi looks down in embarrassment. "I -- wanted -- I -- to t-tie like you but... I can't."

"Well of course. I do the things that you can't. That's why I'm here." Kyoya smiles lovingly at his partner. "But I am proud of you for trying."

Kyoya ties the ribbon while the girls nearby all stare on in tears at the sight.

The cheeriness quickly goes away when the host club remembers the physical exam.

It's Daichi who has the idea of just having a private exam since that's what he used to do when he was less confident. But now he has Kyoya and doesn't need to worry about other girls looking at him since he knows who he belongs to.

The day of the exam arrives, and the first years all travel to the infirmary room together.

"So, what do they do during physical exams here at Ouran, anyway?" asks Haruhi.

"It's no different than a physical exam you'd get at any other school," says Hikaru.

"Yeah, why would a physical exam be any different for us just because we're rich?" asks Kaoru.

''You're right. I didn't think about it that way," admits Haruhi.

The doors to the room open, and the line of doctors and nurses appears.

"Welcome, students."

"W-what is all this?"

"Just another physical exam."

"The usual. Right, Daichi?"

Daichi nods. "Usual."

A nurse comes and leads the Hitachiin brothers away to have their height measured. Once they're gone, Haruhi only has a moment left with Daichi before another nurse walks over.

"Mr. Akiyama, if you'll follow me this way. Mr. Ootori is waiting for you."

Daichi nods. "Wait for senpai," he says to Haruhi.

Haruhi looks confused. "Senpai? But who--- that could be anybody."

Daichi follows the nurse but lags a little behind. As he's walking, he bumps into some scruffy doctor that doesn't seem to belong. "Sorry," the doctor says looking panicked.

Daichi nods. "Sir."

The man then runs off, and Daichi instantly knows something's up. But he follows his nurse anyway to where Kyoya is waiting. His focus quickly shifts back to the task at hand. "Please take your shirt off so we can take your measurements," the nurse says. "You can go behind this--"

Daichi interrupts by taking his top off, maintaining eye contact with Kyoya the whole time. The older boy smirks, taking his clothes. All Daichi has left on top is his collar. A doctor comes near and starts measuring around Daichi's waist. At least twenty girls watch closely with baited breath. The doctor smiles when he is done.