3 - (A Lack Of) Blood and Guts

Hey guys!

Dedicated to laurenhunter for giving me support just when I need it. Thank you so much!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bearing with me all this time. I'm not even going to bother making up an excuse for not uploading. Because let's face it: you don't want to hear it and I don't want to lie to you guys. But I will promise that I'll upload once a week (at least) from now on.

I'm glad you're not completely bored of me yet. If you want to improve the story, feel free to comment at any point. I'm not going to shout because you said something bad about the story. I don't bite (sorry, I think of the worst ever werewolf jokes). And I take all my comments and PMs into account.

BTW, I need some help picking a cast. For James, I'm thinking Alex Pettyfer. But I'm completely stuck on Scarlet. I thought of: Chloe Moretz, Emma Watson, Olivia Wilde, Lucy Hale, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaya Scodelaio, Ellen Page, Emily Browning and Troian Bellisario. I've put Troain Bellisario up, just because I wanted to put someone up, but I'm more than willing to change that.

For Tyler, I'm thinking Chase Crawford, except he's kind of over-used. Any other ideas?

Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry about the very long note.

***************************************************************************************************************

- Scarlet

I was angry. Very angry. I could feel my fury pulsing through my veins, clouding my mind and consuming me slowly, like a cancer in my body. I hated it. I hated the way I felt out of control, the way it looked like I was weak because my hands were shaking with rage.

But even more than hating the anger, I hated my team. I saw the glances, heard the whispers, and I couldn't pretend not to care. I did care, though iId never tell them that. It was better to make them fear and hate me than have them think I was a young, weak child. I wasn't theirs to judge, and they had no right to - yet they did. They were prejudiced, and because of this attribute they were crueller than me.

Didn't they realise?

Didn't they think for a minute that what they said might hurt me?

Well, I was over with people treating me like dirt. I would show them that I deserved this role. I would prove myself to my team, to the King and to everyone who dared took at me twice because of my age.

"Attention!" I snapped. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me, except for two of them. I snarled and they stopped, realizing that I was in a bad mood. For that I was glad - I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't stopped. ripped their heads off, maybe. No. That was too messy. I didn't like mess, I liked order. And, since I was in the army, I knew 53 ways to kill them with no or minimal mess.

And yet I knew that I would never kill them. For one thing, I knew that it would not help my case. For another, I knew that I would probably be kicked out of the Army in disgrace; and I had nowhere to go if that did happen. My closest relative was my brother, who was in the Army with me. I had no aunts, cousins or anything else. And as for my parents.... well, there was no way that I could go back to them. Finally, there was the fact that I would never forgive myself. Not because I liked my team (in fact, I hated them) but because it would be a complete loss of control and I never allowed myself to lose control. Ever.

So I had to calm down. Right now.

I forced myself to take a deep breath in. A deep breath out. Another. I forced the red angry haze out of my mind, imagining it as a smoke that slowly dissipitated into thin air, mixing with the oxygen in my blood stream.