[4] Guy-To-Guy Girl-Talk

Jaime

“Morning, Sunshine,” Someone cooed in my ear.

This bitch…

“Wake up, daffodil,” they whispered.

The fuck is up with these pet names?

A sharp pain came down across my ass, and I cried out, falling off of my mattress, tangled in the bedspread. “Get your lazy ass up, Jaime Preciado!” I blinked a few times to clear my vision, and it was none other than Vic, smirking down at me. I scowled and detangled myself from the sheets and blanket.

“What, Vic? What time is it…?” I mumbled as I stood from the floor. When he told me it was eight o’clock in the morning, I simply groaned, stretched, and yawned. “Please… tell me we’re in the studio today. If we are, fuck that.”

“No, we’re not,” Vic told me. I narrowed my eyes. “Don’t you remember telling me how you wanted to take Lily out and about San Diego?” My eyes went from narrow to wide in a matter of seconds; I did want to do that! I’m so stupid sometimes. Did you know there’s a new hit movie out this weekend? It’s called Jaime “The Loser” Preciado: The Return of the Nerves.

Oh, boy.

I’m so lame.

“Is she up yet?” I questioned frantically, rushing around to get ready for the day. When Vic told me ‘no,’ I let out a little sigh of relief. “Okay, good. I’m taking her out for breakfast, then part of a tour, then lunch, and then maybe shopping – is she into that? I don’t know.” I kept rambling so much that I didn’t even notice Vic leave.

After I finally put myself together, I flew down the staircase, jamming my phone into my back pocket before putting my hands in my hair, making sure it was fully spiked and ready to go. When I got to the kitchen, Lily had just arrived, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She yawned. She’s so cute.

“Mornin’,” I greeted, frightening her. Lily jumped before realizing it was me; when she did, she smiled shyly. Memories from the previous night smacked me in the face, and that’s when I felt my cheeks grow hot. “Go get ready to go. Wear something comfortable, okay?”

“Where are we going?” She asked sleepily, beginning to schlep off to her room. I shook my head, refusing to give any information away, because honestly, I had no clue where we were going exactly. Lily pouted, but she caved, not asking anything further about the subject. Instead, she disappeared into her room.

“You don’t know where you’re going, do you?” Tony questioned slowly from his spot at the table; I hadn’t noticed him there. I shook my head again, letting out a low sigh, slumping against the countertop. “Want any ideas? I mean, I’ve taken my past girlfriends places before. I’m gonna’ be taking Toni–”

What did you just say?” I shot up, alert as ever. Tony blushed as if he said more than he should have. “You two are dating? You’re dating my best friend’s best friend? How come you never said anything? I should’ve known! You two seemed like you already knew each other yesterday. God, why didn’t I see that?”